News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 03:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Replace transmission Lines 85 Eagle Wagon  (Read 2662 times)

Offline kalve

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Replace transmission Lines 85 Eagle Wagon
« on: June 15, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »
Needing to know were I can find replacement transmission lines for my 85 AMC Eagle wagon? It has 258 engine & 3 speed auto trans.
64 T bird landau
70 Cougar Convertible Hurst 4 speed
74 F250 Crewcab shortbed
85 Eagle Wagon 4wd

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: Replace transmission Lines 85 Eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »
Unless you can find some good used ones, you will most likely have to make some.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 02:20:09 AM »
I used Grand Wagoneer ones in mine. Dod universal ones for @'70 will work too.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline kalve

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:56:34 AM »
What year Grand Wagoneer parts did you use & were they a direct fit? Were did you buy them at?
64 T bird landau
70 Cougar Convertible Hurst 4 speed
74 F250 Crewcab shortbed
85 Eagle Wagon 4wd

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 02:08:10 PM »
'80 and newer Jeeps use Mopar based trans until '87 when the XJs and MJs got AW4s. Grand Cherokees with 4.0L '94 up use an overdrive version of the Eagle trans (and it's just as weak!) but the lines are the same up to the front of the motor. Hoses reach from there. I've discovered over the years that solid lines flex and break when mounts get torn so having hose ends helps. I even tore the bottom off a rad when the solid line got caught on something rather than just losing some ATF.

I don't have the kit number anymore, but I got new ones from NAPA and Schucks in the past. I even got the ones for my AW4.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk