News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 03, 2024, 11:43:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Beachy Kammback!  (Read 3115 times)

Offline apes17

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
Beachy Kammback!
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »
I finally took my Kammback out to the beach last week! Drove it to Oceanside which is just a few miles outside of Tillamook, Oregon. Here it is in all its glory!

With the Rendevous coming up at Clackamette Park in Gladstone, Oregon I'm going to try and get most of its interior painted. It's currently the factory powdery blue. I'm repainting it grey. So far I've got the driver's side door panel and the new steering wheel I have yet to put in it. Lots of work to go! I'm eventually going to repaint the exterior as well, the overall body white, the trim at the bottom either black or dark grey. Still has no interior carpeting, so I think I'm just going to paint the floor black. Eventually will have crushed velvet seat covers in a silvery grey as well.

Just got new front tires for the bird as the others were showing metal. Has an alignment problem I need to get taken care of.

The burnt up wagon is still under construction. Got lots of parts, just need more free time to work on it with my dad. But it's still flickering with life. Big dreams to have that up and running again this summer.
My Eagle is better than your Jeep.

Prafeston

Re: Beachy Kammback!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
Awesome to see some more Kammys around here! This months EotM is Best in class Kammback...you should give us some more pictures and I'll nominate you!

Offline thereverendbill

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 11:27:37 PM »
that is a very nice kammback picture to nominate
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:44:47 AM »
Very nice picture. If you get a shot from the side of the car with the ocean in the background; that would look amazing.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline Eagleearl

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 08:23:41 AM »
Nice Kammback! Good to hear from you again. Glad to see you're still driving an Eagle.

Offline apes17

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »
Here in another couple of weeks I'll go back and take some better pictures. This beach doesn't allow drivers ON the beach, but I could cross the road at the same point to get a better shot. :)

Yeah, I'm still drivin' my Eagle! Been busy with work and just graduated college back in May. Woo!
My Eagle is better than your Jeep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk