News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 21, 2024, 05:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 81 Eagle 4x4 Wagon  (Read 2756 times)

Offline TommyB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
My 81 Eagle 4x4 Wagon
« on: June 05, 2013, 05:43:03 PM »
This is my 1981 Eagle 4X4 Station Wagon, I bought it for a dollar from a guy who use to come into the parts store I worked at.  the floor pan's were rusted out as were the rockers, the brake and fuel system was pretty much shot and so was the 4 wheel drive vacuum system.  I rebuilt the brake system, ran new fuel lines (don't bypass the rollover or inline fuel cutoff, or gas leaks out the charcoal canister) welded in new floors and manually put the transfer case into 4 wheel and left it.  I have been driving it once a week, at least, since 2011.

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
Re: My 81 Eagle 4x4 Wagon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
Welcome to the nest!
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
Way to go. Looks like maybe some rear springs may be in order soon and possibly the front as well.But for a buck you could't go wrong.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline TommyB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:09 PM »
Well truth be told, this picture was taken this morning, (June 5, 2013) and the front control arm has rusted through.  so yes it needs some front end work.

Offline TommyB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 12:52:35 PM »
Found a new Control Arm and fixed that, also the tie rod sway bar link and Cv shaft that went with it.  $300 later and now i just need to get the alignment done

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk