News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 12:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: im 17 i have a 1982 amc eagle for my first car.  (Read 3518 times)

Offline james828

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
im 17 i have a 1982 amc eagle for my first car.
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »

Offline Gil-SX4

• International Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 77
  • December-2003
Re: im 17 i have a 1982 amc eagle for my first car.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
james828 welcome to the Nest.
Nice looking AMC Eagle.
Don't forget to ask your parents for a good tool set for Xmas.
Rick Perry President of The Republic Of Texas,
Wants You.
Enlist in the Texas Arm Forces.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands:
     one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one and indivisible."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
1985 Chevrolet C-10 Silverado
1995 Ford Aspire
1978 Ford Bronco

Murphy's Law
"If there are two or more ways to do something, and one of those ways can result in a catastrophe, then someone will do it".

Offline Crandall1

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:43:33 AM »
Yours is exactly like mine! Same color and year. I don't have the plaid insets on my seats, but otherwise they're identical. Yours is in much better shape, though, although mine is coming along, thanks to the help of the people here.

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »
You have yourself a nice Eagle....and welcome to the 'nest :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 08:15:50 AM »
Great 82 Eagle! My first car was my 1967 Rambler Rebel. I was an AMC fan when I was 8 years old and started driving that all the way through high school.. My college car was an 84 Celebrity.
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline james828

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »
i wish that i found this site when i had a heater core problem. it took days to find the bolts to take out. i also took apart the dash but then i found out i only needed about 3 bolts i took out about 30. i put it back together but have 10 left over misc screws and bolts. so now i need to do it again.

**Jeepgyrl13**

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 11:10:59 AM »
Welcome to the nest...it is nice to see that we have "younger" people joining, they are our future of keeping the "AMC's" going.

I don't own any eagles, I own J trucks. My hubby has an Eagle and many more AMC's, so I kinda do   :hello2:

I have taken my truck apart and you always find extra hardware left over, guess when we are :newbie: 's we all learn. Have fun on this site and enjoy your Eagle :)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »

HI     James    Welcome to the nest .You have a nice Eagle to start with .you allmost allways have some
                                  thing left over after a job .Enjoy you Eagle and the adventyours you will have with it and
                                  let us see some of your travels ..............Don

HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »
Hey!  nice eagle, and welcome to the nest.

Offline txjeeptx

• shop rag
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 68
  • You've been Outlaw'd
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
Wow, looks like all the emissions system is still there, and is that a plastic valvecover painted AMC blue? Nice car.
'82 Eagle SX/4 "Golden Eagle", '89 YJ 2.5L '93 MPI-converted rock-crawler, '79 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle "FSJ", 'o7 F150 Supercrew FX/4 daily driver

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »
Thats a good lookin AMC indeed! I was about 17 or 18 when I got my first Eagle...It was the start of a life long obsession.....Welcome to the nest!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk