News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 24, 2024, 11:41:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Schools going great  (Read 2289 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
Schools going great
« on: February 25, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »
This winter I enrolled in college for automotive maintenance, and I'm doing Steering, suspension, and alignment (the name of the class) right now.
I'm glad to say, that I'm confident that I could proficiently work on an eagles suspension.  Today in class, I tore down the leaf springs from an old chevy truck, and replaced them with great ease.  The only problem I encountered was rust.  :( and lots of it.  I was amazed with the easiness of the job, as I started and completed it all in one period.  I'm very happy to say that I could modify/fix the suspension of the eagle very easily.  I'm glad that I'm learning things that I can put to use in the eagle.  It's just suspension right now, but that's one of the major parts that make an eagle an eagle!  I've always been more leaned to the artistic side of things, so I could see myself painting cars, instead of fixing them, but I'm glad I'm learning what I am.  So overall, schools going great, and I'm learning neat stuff.  Maybe I'll get to put it to work someday soon!  makes me happy I know what I'm doing, and happier that I found a great car to do it with!  :eagle:

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
Re: Schools going great
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:34:52 PM »
I earned my college degree at age 47...29 years after graduating high school. Best wishes to you, youngkyle, as you continue schooling. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline DownwardFlame

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
Good luck with your schooling! I graduated from an auto tech program in 2012 and have been a full time mechanic for almost two years now. I started out for the same reason as you lol, so that I knew what I was doing working on my classics. I even planned to go on and take auto body and paint classes, but went to work and got engaged instead.  ;D
-1970 Mustang Coupe
-1982 F-150 Stepside
-1980 Eagle Wagon
-1981 Sx4

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:31:07 PM »
Thanks.  Its a bit challenging for me, because I only recently became around to cars this much. I've always liked cars, but recently grew into them (after realizing how much fun driving is :P ) so I don't know as much about it as anyone else.  But im sticking with it, even if it's just some extra knowledge for a past time.  I'd really love to do body work, and paint, but im just seeing where life takes me right now.

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 09:35:57 PM »
Good luck!  Maybe you'll open the Eagle Garage someday!   :eagle:
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 09:41:15 PM »
would that mean people would travel across country to get tuned up there? Some sort of annual meet, and tune up for all amc owners?  Can't say that doesn't sound like a good time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk