News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The search continues  (Read 2881 times)

Offline Krico

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Keep on truckin'
The search continues
« on: November 10, 2013, 12:49:24 AM »
Almost ended up purchasing a hornet today for 400, it had average rust here and there, a few holes in the panels and  floor pan, from what i saw completely leakless, missing a chunk of the interior and a fender.... and paint . Everything seemed completely perfect until the test drive, Getting out of first was sketchy lots of grinding,shakingjerky movements, and the ssound of the engine just working it's butt off trying to get to 5mph, nearly died like 8 times in 10 mins. It seemed like a killer deal running or non running and hated to pass it up, but Have livinvg space for another project car.Now I'll just continue the search on the eagle, but MAN i feel in love at first sight i really liked how compact and non-roomy it felt in there even with no carpet, or headliner in there apart from the front clip, dash, engineering, rear bumper, and trim setups what has changed from the Hornet to the eagle? I  did some photo shopping and comparing it seems like the hatch area has changed... did they make the overall car bigger? taller? wider? roomier? or anything?
Keep on truckin'

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Re: The search continues
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »
Was it a hornet hatchback, wagon, or sedan?

I had a hornet hatchback and it felt roomier inside than my eagle wagon for some reason, I think mostly because the bucket seats sat lower then the big puffy eagle seats do.

The hornet, concord, eagle body is mostly the same aside from a few minor changes from 1970 till 1988

For 400 bucks its worth it just for the parts probably if nothing else
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Krico

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Keep on truckin'
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 02:11:27 PM »
Sorry about that it was a wagon, but yeah that's good to hear that about the eagle, In my current vehicle there's just too much empty space.
 When I drove away from that hornet, it was so depressing , the body/shape, the fenders, the stance, it was everything I wanted but, theres no way I could have gotten it home 45 miles away, without a trailer at least, but I can't do that either..  It was well worth 400, if I lived 5 miles away it'd be mine by now haha.
Keep on truckin'

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
Where is it located?  Maybe somebody else might be able to pick it up. 
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Krico

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Keep on truckin'
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:43 PM »
Where is it located?  Maybe somebody else might be able to pick it up.

prior lake MN,
Keep on truckin'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk