News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 14, 2024, 12:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: That crazy ECM  (Read 1917 times)

Offline 82 amc eagle xchp

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
That crazy ECM
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
Hello, I had problems with the Eagle for the last few years that were my falt. but its good now I have all systems working and the bent valves replaced. I took it on a nice long trip 1300+- trip to the Henderson nv. AMO show had no problems got 25 mpg ran around 70 mph down hwy 95. but as soon as I got in a few miles of my house I had a little problem. the spark advance seamed to cut in and out I have to drive up a steep hill. I think mablye my 4hg. and 15 hg. vacum sensers are sticking or it may be a bad ground. when I stoped outside of Reno nv. to get gas I noticed the rpms going up and down slightly It was not from the speed solnoild. but preformance was still good. I did notice that when I droped my friend off thants when it started to ping and have a hard time going up hill pulseing like good,bad,good,bad. up the hill. so I am putting the car away for the winter but I am going to clean all the grounds and try to find bushings change those old out of round tires in the back end. so any ideas?

Offline 82 amc eagle xchp

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
Re: That crazy ECM
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:13:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I should see if all the delay valves are working it.To bad it ran so good I did take it out and it runs fine. I am going to get some "LBS" greaseless lubrtcant and spray in side of the valves and work them with a vacum pump to free them up. it works on co co clocks so it should work on plastic wit out guming it up. I will make a device with leds lights to moniter the switchs in action from the drives seat. the car has 250000 now nost things have been overhuled by me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk