News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 09:09:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: i know we like eagles, but how about ponies?  (Read 30452 times)

Offline DownwardFlame

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: i know we like eagles, but how about ponies?
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
Heres my bosses '51, Its had about 3 feet cut out of the bed and frame.

And this is a 350 chevy lol.  It used to put out about 600hp on the motor and he was runin a 250 shot of nitrous. Now he put on AFR heads and is in the midst of installing a twin turbo setup and is figuring it'll put out around 1200 horse.

-1970 Mustang Coupe
-1982 F-150 Stepside
-1980 Eagle Wagon
-1981 Sx4

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »
Well, I want an SX/4 the way a little girl wants a pony... nowhere to put it and no idea how to take care of it. If money were no object I'd have a Nissan GT-R, an SX/4, a big garage and a personal mechanic. Probably a few other things.

DownwardFlame, there is a blue car parked on the street near my house that looks similar to your avatar. I keep wanting to walk over there so I can read the badging on the back and find out what it is, but it's cold outside.

Cars I've owned include a 2001 Impreza RS that I bought new, and that's it, I'm still driving it. I love sporty little coupes with AWD.

My ride:

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
Very nice looking Subaru you have there Eagle Groupie! Looks like you take care of it!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2014, 12:39:30 AM »
Very nice looking Subaru you have there Eagle Groupie! Looks like you take care of it!

Thank you. :) Technically other people take care of it and I just pay them. I was 23 when I bought it. When someone says my car is old I feel like they're saying I'm old, too. It does not feel like it's been thirteen years... and then to remind me the head gasket goes, the axle seals start leaking, and the steering rack fails. Old age sucks.

Offline Newgenerationamcer

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • AMC till the day I die
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »
Non eagle I would have to go with a 1971-74 Amc Javelin, a machine or Scrambler if I had to chose something other the Amc I would go with a k5 or a trans am. ... love the classic american cars

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
if I could have any non AMC cars I would choose in no particular order a 1957 Chevy Bel-air 2 door hardtop, a 1966 Ford Mustang convertible, a 1969 Dodge Charger 440 six-pack, a 1979 Pontiac Sunbird 2 door hardtop, a 1985 Chevy El Camino SS, a 1983 Toyota AE86 GTS hatchback, a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR, and a 1991 Nissan 240sx hatchback.

Gotta steal some of yours hear I am A HUGE Mopar Guy as well as some imports like the 89 Skyline and 70's Toyota Celica..

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2014, 09:37:24 PM »
personally i'm can't stand most of the cars that dodge and their affiliates made but there are a few that I would love to have the same can be said for ford. personally I am a huge GM guy as well as Nissan.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »
 :o Not A Dodge Guy?! That Saddens me BRO.. Aside from there Hideous Vans And Mobile Homes Dodge Has MANY Remarkable vehicles!

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 12:23:50 AM »
I like a Dodge Sapporo/Challenger with a 318 put in.   >:D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:24:08 AM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2014, 02:56:27 AM »

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2014, 03:06:37 AM »
:o Not A Dodge Guy?! That Saddens me BRO.. Aside from there Hideous Vans And Mobile Homes Dodge Has MANY Remarkable vehicles!
lets just say my family has owned a lot General Motors vehicles, a few Fords, fewer Dodges and one very old Mercedes Benz (the only foreign car we ever owned) so it's really no surprise that I'm not a big fan of Dodge although I would sooner own one them than I would a Ford, unless that Dodge is a neon at which point I would crush it just to put it out of it's and my misery.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2014, 02:32:05 PM »
Hahah i know the feeling aside from my ford edge my familys is Chevy ONLY.. Which i'm apart from that i enjoy most of anything that looks old except many fords.. Foreign isn't really my style unless its more luxury like Benz, Or even Hyundai NO HONDAS FOR ME THOUGH.

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »
I have a big Ol faded, loud, stinky, ugly 91 Ford F150 pickup named Ginger (its red, sorta) She starts and runs every time we go to take off the trash or get some lumber

I like Fords, my wife has a Flex, when I get to drive it I love it! Probably because Im a wagon man at heart.....

I also like Dodges, I think the Chargers and Challengers look cool. Used to have a PT Cruiser we used for our business, we put 345K on it and I still sold it for $1200 bucks when we got rid of it.

I rent a lot of Nissans, they make a pretty decent car and truck, and they are all made about 30 miles from my house!

GM currently doesn't have anything that excites me
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk