News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 09:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eagle saved by an angel!  (Read 2956 times)

Offline greenlion

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
Eagle saved by an angel!
« on: February 17, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »
yesterday, i got a wild hair and decided finally to swap out the bushing and pin in my drivers door hinge. To do that, i had to pull my car off the street and into my driveway. the job was a cinch, why had I been putting this off for so long i wondered. I left my car in the driveway and went inside. several hours had passed and I was now having a beer myself on the front porch, when all of a sudden, My drunken lady neighbor rolled right into where my eagle is parked without even knowing how she got there, and music playing to the point of distortion.i recognized who it was and walked to the car and I pulled her keys out. after convincing her what she was doing was very stupid and shes lucky to be alive, we walked her home, drove her honda accord home and told her this is your get out of jail free night, if my car was there, and you hit it, you would be arrested. she was crying and in a bad state of affairs. My girlfriend had just gotten off a 13 hour shift at the hospital and was there just after it happened. Thank god i worked on my eagle today, it may have been saved from a drunken car crash.
Bernice 87 Sedan

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: Eagle saved by an angel!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:10:12 PM »
Two good things done there along with two thumbs up!
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:22:11 PM »
Wow, close call. Sorry, I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. I would have called the police. When I was married my stepson was hit head on by a drunk.  My stepson was fortunate enough to get minor injuries and his girlfriend broke her ankle. The drunk died.
This was a 98 Mustang

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
Wow, close call. Sorry, I have zero tolerance for drunk drivers. I would have called the police.
Ditto!

My aunt's truck after a head on with a drunk driver's small Toyota Corolla

His car, he didn't make it:

Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
Wow, two stories where the drunks died. That never seems to be the case. The drunks always seem to walk away unharmed and killing those they hit.

Glad your Eagle was safe.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 12:41:36 AM »
Glad to hear your car didn't get hit, and the neighbor didnt do any damage.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline greenlion

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »
Drunk Driving is a horrible idea. maybe on second thought, I should have called the police in order to avoid a devastating accident. I hope and feel that whatever demons drove her to be so stupid are now out in the open, and maybe she can get some help for herself.
Bernice 87 Sedan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk