News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 01:54:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 1st Eagle  (Read 3128 times)

Offline scarter302

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
My 1st Eagle
« on: January 26, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
Hi fellow Eagle aficionados,
I bought my Eagle after a quick search on Craigslist after watching Top Gear using Estate/station wagons to find the source of the Nile river in Africa. If you haven't seen the episode Jeremy had a BMW 5 series, James got a Volvo turbo sport wagon and the smartest pick was from Richard with a subaru wrx/impreza wagon all for around $2200. So I thought if I had to do it I'd pick up an AMC Eagle wagon. So I went looking and found my '84 eagle wagon about an hour away for the sum of $600 but it had bad wheel bearings and had to get towed to my house. Upon driving it to a local garage in december to get the bearing done I was informed the frame was far to weak on the drivers side to perform the work and recommended a local welder that performs the work. If it wasn't winter in New England I would have attempted most of this work myself. And I needed a winter car as my other car is a mustang convertible and my reasoning has been the car was cheaper than buying snow tires for my mustang that I have no interest in driving through a winter. I will upload some pics when I can. All told I'm about $2000 into it but I am glad I was able to save an Eagle from what might have been a slow death. But safe to say the overall condition is very nice. the leather seat has a rip in the drivers seat the front power windows are currently for looks. the previous owner said the drivers side quit then was replaced with the passenger side motor which also quickly died. but I think that is springtime problems. and a rear door won't open.  hope you like the post and the soon to be up pics.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:49:42 PM by scarter302 »
1984 Eagle Wagon Limited
2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS convertible
2004 Jaguar XJ8
1955 VW Dune Buggy (project)

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
Re: My 1st Eagle
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »
Hello Scarter302,
      It's always good to read of an Eagle owner investing the time and $$$ to keep their Eagle on the road. I for one would like to see the pictures of the rust repair because I am soon to face the same situation with my Eagle. As you probably already know this site is full of helpful people with information on just about anything concerning Eagles and AMC's. If you ever run into problems with your Eagle the members on the Den put their brains together to find a solution. Again, nice work on your Eagle, would like to see the picts when you get the chance to post 'em.
                                                                                                                                                                                                Regards, Iron Horse :o

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:40:55 PM »
Welcome and thanks for saving one. How about some pics.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline scarter302

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 10:42:33 PM »
trying to attach pic
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:52:36 PM by scarter302 »
1984 Eagle Wagon Limited
2004 Jaguar XJ8

Offline scarter302

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
The PO had a lot of paper work. which includes the owners manual the original window sticker and a build sheet from inside the front passenger door. I'll do my best to photograph these. although I am not a fan of photobucket. looking at older threads the pics are usually no longer there as the poster has not kept up with their account.
1984 Eagle Wagon Limited
2004 Jaguar XJ8

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
Looks nice!