News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 08:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1980 Eagle vapor canister  (Read 956 times)

Offline rustywheel6

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
1980 Eagle vapor canister
« on: September 24, 2023, 12:25:07 PM »
Hello-

I'm not new to cars, but definitely new to AMC & 4x4.  Most of my experience is with 60's-era Fords, and all this vacuum stuff is new territory.

I've somehow lucked into a 1980 Eagle that is in good shape. 
It appears that the engine was rebuilt and the block was replaced with a 4.0, but the builder reinstalled the 258 head.
i'll take care of that at some point in the future.  at the moment, just trying to get it running again.

But - he "re-imagined" the fuel system...electric fuel pump running to a cheap Mr Gasket fuel regulator, all the return line and vapor stuff is just sitting unhooked.
I think i've figured out which line is which (large hard line is return, small hard line is tank vent.)  Now what to do...
Has anyone had luck installing a generic/universal charcoal canister?

thanks-

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk