News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 05:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dash Light Fuse Problems  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Benheidi55

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Dash Light Fuse Problems
« on: December 25, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »
Hey all, I just replaced my headlight switch and dimmer switch after having headlight issues. I also had the dash light fuse blown and thought that it was a related problem, however today it blew another fuse and now instantly pops any fuse that I put into the fuse panel. I took apart the interior panels and checked all the rear bulbs and all are working fine, I still have running lights just not dash lights, any ideas on whats wrong.

Bonus: picture of my girl with working headlights thanks to everyones help
80' Eagle Wagon Maggie

Offline DAVE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 8
Re: Dash Light Fuse Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »
check the cigarette lighter I have had those blow fuses when the get loose
just a thought

Offline Benheidi55

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Dash Light Fuse Problems
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 01:49:15 AM »
check the cigarette lighter I have had those blow fuses when the get loose
just a thought

Would this still be a factor if it isn't necessarily tied to the dash lights? My cigarette lighter power still seems to be there, even with the absence of a fuse for the dash lights.
80' Eagle Wagon Maggie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk