News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 01:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Converting all vacuum tubes to same size?  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Murdoc1905

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Converting all vacuum tubes to same size?
« on: June 17, 2018, 09:50:25 PM »
Has anyone ever toy'd with the idea of converting all small vacuum tubing to the same size? At least for the similarly sized tubes. Is there any particular reason amc went with 9 different vacuum tube sizes?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 09:50:53 PM by Murdoc1905 »

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 44
Re: Converting all vacuum tubes to same size?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 12:50:57 AM »
I was forced to rehose the entire vacuum system with only two available sizes, 4mm and 6.5mm inside diameter. For the most part I found that the reduced inside diameter did not restrict the lines enough to affect the engine or emissions systems however I had to reuse use about 10" of "middle sized" hose that fit neither of the two new diameters I have but it was mainly only used between the Sol-Vac VsV junction (there's a reducer just before the junction, actually) and the vacuum source.

While driving city/highway and idling I was not able to observe any issues with the new hose diameters, so it should be okay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk