News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 03:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Idaho Eagle  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Idaho Eagle
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:54:03 AM »
Hi Everyone,  I guess that means I am a hatchling again.  Years ago I had been in the nest.  It is probably appropriate that my current project has paint, decals that say Mountain Eaglet.  😁.  My residence is in Mountain Home Idaho, the gem state.  And it is truly a gem because I am able to ride my motorcycle daily this time of the year. :hello2:

I started a new thread called vacuum lines 102 and I thought that I should reintroduce myself and state my qualifications to develop a course.😁. I am a journeyman maintenance mechanic, the only truly multi craft trade in the country.  Some of the crafts are millwright, electrician, pipe fitter, plumber, welder, machine repairman, fork lift and vehicle mechanic, etc.

In 2002 I started working part time for a junior college in their work force development program doing seminars.  Some of which were HVAC, building (exteriors) and grounds, industrial roofs, and pneumatics.   One day I had a call from the work force development coordinator and she asked me if I could do a seminar on hydraulics. I said "yes, but why?"
She told me that the college had a seminar scheduled but the instructor was being relocated for his day job. I asked when? She replied Saturday.  "You mean this Saturday?"
She and the college did not want to cancel and hand back refunds to those who were signed up for the seminar.  So I agreed and presented a four hour session on hydraulics.  I must have gotten really good reviews from those students because I had another call from the dean of technology out at the main campus and he asked me to teach an accredited course in hydraulics and that is how I became a college professor (part time, adjunct faculty member) by accident.😎  They even invited me back the following year to teach the same course again. Oh, and that second year I taught basic hearing as well.

The things that are important to me that help define me are the following: my faith in Christ- I am a Christian, my current part time job of health advocate - I sell a fantastic food product called Juice Plus+ (if anyone is interested in that then you can pm me), motorcycle riding and camping (all the way to the Oregon coast), and of course AMC eagle's.   I have my own small flock.😀   If you want to see one in action then go to trjc.com  ( two Rivers Jeep club), on the left find the illini safari, then the 2005 safari, at the end of that article the trails are listed.  Click on the last trail, ridge rambler ( I could not resist the name) and of the thirteen pictures - seven are of my SX/4.  :hello2:

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Idaho Eagle
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »
I thought you sounded familiar somehow. Welcome back.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 11:46:36 PM »
Thanks mudkiicker715. Because it's good to be back.  Life happens. :rotfl:

Offline Idaho eagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 11:51:21 PM »