News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 18, 2024, 10:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuel Injection?  (Read 12515 times)

Online rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
Re: Fuel Injection?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »
The head and cam swap should get you close to 55 hp increase. May be able to get more with different cam.

Not sure how much the fuel injection will get you but it defiantly improves drivability. I have a Gremlin I have done a complete 4.0 swap and my Eagle I have done the head and added fuel injection kit made from a 4.2 chevy throttle body set up.
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline EagleW

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 10:50:13 PM »
thanks for the info.  It is very helpful.  I was glad to find a forum that was dedicated to AMCs.   

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 08:55:35 AM »
I've done the head, cam, and fuel injection to my Kammback.  Very noticeable improvement after the cam and head swap, then several years later I added the GM TBI, which to me greatly improved the acceleration and driveability.  Not sure the acceleration improvements would have been possible without the cam and head swap.  The throttle body kit came from Performance Fuel Injection Systems, they have their own web site and also sell on eBay.  It's a nice kit.

Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk