News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: '79 Concord Sedan  (Read 6318 times)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
'79 Concord Sedan
« on: December 27, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
I saw a 1979 Concord Sedan heading north on US 63, just North of Toledo, last Thursday evening.  It looked to be Starboard Blue with a darker Blue top and was being driven by an older (than me) couple.  It was bit saggy in the rear like mine (my Concord, not my ......) is but it was moving right along in a quiet dignified manner.  I just bet they are the original owners.   I have never seen it around before.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline matt1971

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 15
Re: '79 Concord Sedan
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »
Hey Doug. Matt here. I just got back with the nest. I have been offline for a year. I am now living in Kenosha WI. Good too see a Concord on the road. They are great cars.
A friend at my work has a blue 81 Concord 2 door in his garage. He bought it off the showroom floor in 1981. 258 auto.
I just made my last payment on a 79 AMC Pacer Limited Hatchback today. 258 auto. It's coming home next spring here to Kenosha. As I live my life here in Kenosha, I keep running into people with stories of AMC's in barns, garages, outbuildings, and stories of fellow relatives who worked at AMC here in Kenosha.
My friend has an AMC shop here in town. He has 5 71-74 Javelins, and a 74 Gremlin X. My 79 Pacer will be brought to factory specs there next spring. I am happy. Life is good. -Matt.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:33:33 PM by matt1971 »

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
Don't see too many concords around here. I know of one, a 78 2 door.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:37:03 AM »
I havent seen a Concord on the road here in 2 years or better. Glad to hear theres still a few puttin along.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline ammachine390

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 42
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 01:16:35 PM »
I havent seen a Concord on the road here in 2 years or better. Glad to hear theres still a few puttin along.

All the years of salt in the Chicagoland area really takes its toll on cars around here. That, and the fact that everyone around here seems to have the need to drive brand new cars. I think in the last 13 years, I have only seen 1, maybe 2. There used to be one in the same town as me, but it got into an accident and the owner tried to sell it, not sure what ever happened to it. Now I have the only Concord in town, in fact, I have the only AMC in town.
Dan
1981 AMC Concord DL 258 Auto

Click for Villa_Park, IL Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 02:26:12 PM »
My 82 gets around good. there is one other in town as well. i see it a couple times a year. not sure of the year.

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk