News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 19, 2024, 05:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Spirit/Concord Projects / Re: AMC Concord Hardtop 1981
« Last post by juhap on March 11, 2024, 02:17:51 PM »
Made a priming tool and tried to get dead lifters up...

Two dead lifters came up, but pressure sank when drill stopped... Oil water mixture look yammy...

Time to choose a new motor.

Found one.

It took some time to get it to downstairs.

It is in...

That used to be in my Sport Eagle.

Eagle has deeper oil pan, but it fits well to Concord.

Maybe the last weld...

Front suspension going together.

...shock tower...

Engine bay is done...

Front suspension done.

Minor jobs left.

Brakes are still old, new calibers are coming soon.

Eagle wheels needed spacers. Put winter tires, because I´m going to drive this outside as soon as possible.

Fits well...

Fenders...

Now it is roofing time. Some calculating had to be done.

4 cm smaller than it used to be.

New vinyl coming together.

Testing... not bad.

Glued seams, so these bacame flat...

Fuel Systems. / Re: Kammback Fuel Tank Refresh
« Last post by vangremlin on March 09, 2024, 10:45:13 PM »
If you decide to use the piece of exhaust pipe in the fuel filler hose setup, make sure you remove the label!

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=47635.0
Body Shop / Re: Hornet/ Concord/ Eagle liftgate hinges
« Last post by rmick on February 28, 2024, 09:56:07 AM »
There was someone working on some CNC machined hinges but haven't heard anything lately. https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=5341124069255638&set=pcb.2139074879584190&__cft__[0]=AZVTJYdbdv1cNfpqubhy6xQPPUN7_KtDbrIhmcI9r1QKIu_rl0hNm1huJ8nQpMJZ4Q64WCB87dms4nH_kb9EwHKp-qSda_umb6izwO7knBga7-qNKkh-r8-qL5erJjA_LAOk35sWJM1B2T6Q3kQMpimDqBQnfInT9yHH0DSxYRIBjcSefoN1QuRubHgPcDbkgk0&__tn__=*bH-R
« Last post by Trooper on February 28, 2024, 09:39:33 AM »
« Last post by AMC of Houston on February 27, 2024, 08:36:14 PM »
I posted this some years back - might be a good time for a repost.
------------------------------------------------------
I've found that one of the root issues on hatch breakage is the rubber gaskets shrinking with age.  Then the hinges start scooting around and "rocking" with use until they break (not to mention the hatch alignment getting way off - and sticking out at the bottom about an inch!).  With dry shrunken gaskets, the hinges won't stay in place no matter how tight the bolts.

On my waggie (and a neighbors waggie) I've cut another "shim" gasket from thin rubber sheet to go under the original gasket and "tighten up" the hinge to the body.  Now I have one of the few waggies with a properly-positioned tailgate hatch!   I see repop gaskets on Ebay, but have not tried them (they look like just cut rubber sheet without the original AMC molded raised edges).  If they are the correct thickness and durometer spec; they could work.

Hatchlings / New owner of 75 hornet Sportabout
« Last post by rshellen on February 27, 2024, 06:22:44 PM »
Came here looking for replacement hinge for the liftgate. However starting to find areas of car that will need attention, in reviewing different parts of the forum I have seen several helpfull posts, however don't see a way to save them for future reference. Is there a way to keep a list of the posts I would like to go back to in the future for reference
Thanks
« Last post by rshellen on February 27, 2024, 05:36:35 PM »
E Ronald Shellenberger
3089 Springview Dr.
Chambersburg, Pa. 17202

Let me know
Spirit/Concord Projects / Re: AMC Concord Hardtop 1981
« Last post by juhap on February 27, 2024, 10:50:47 AM »
Little by little this is coming together. Wiring harness needed some attention. Polished old paint in engine bay. Battery tray bolted on as well as steering box.

Wiring had some issues, like this head lamp washer pump relay set up... removed all extras.

Fixed.

Ready to rock...

All bits and pieces coming together.. some small gogs still missing in some boxes...

Wiring and piping done. Steering column as well. Body protection sprayed all over...
Accellerator wire needs its spring clip. Where to find one... APD hadn´t one...

Cleaned radiator. It had rust, thick layers of paint, underbody protection and oily sand...

Engine had bad idling and it had no power at all. Cleaned carb and distributor, no big issues. Opened valve cover... oh no! Five push rods were out of their places... two of those were bent... No wonder it ran rough...

EDIT: found a couple of push rods... and found out that one hydraulic lifter is dead... It stays in compressed length... Tried to lift it with a magnet... and there is 5 mm movement... Should be zero...  :censored:

Painted radiator- If I find other one, I´ll change it. It is not in very exellent condition...

Body Shop / Re: Hornet sportabout liftgate struts
« Last post by Trooper on February 26, 2024, 04:43:49 PM »
« Last post by Trooper on February 26, 2024, 04:39:34 PM »
Just the shipping charges. Send me your zip code and I'll bundle it up and see what it costs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk