News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 07:31:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My First Car: A 1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited  (Read 57966 times)

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: My First Car: A 1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »
Here is a current picture of her minus snow and with those new headlight shields I recently got.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline EagleJoe93

• "You'll know it's me when I roll through your town. I'm gonna ride around in style. I'm gonna drive everybody wild, cause I'll have the only one there is around."
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »
So I am back home from college for the summer, so I plan on doing some stuff with Rosalind now that I have the time. One thing is upgrading the wiper arms. I have some new wiper blades because my current ones are bad, but the new ones won't connect to the factory wiper arms. I have heard that Jeep Cherokee wiper arms are suitable replacements, from what I gather any 95 and up model year should work. Here are some questions I have;

Is that year range correct?
Are the wiper arms the same length or are there any differences I should be aware of?
Are they difficult to remove?
Are there any specific or special tools I need to remove them?

I plan on heading to the junkyard to try and find a pair today. I would like to get this done so that I can replace my wipers ASAP.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited. Work in progress. Most likely have the only one in town. :)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2015, 05:31:33 PM »
Did you find a pair of wiper arms the other day?  I'm not sure of the exact range of years but I have the Cherokee wiper arms on both my Eagles.  I was tired of the wipers flopping sideways on those original Eagle wiper arms.

I'll try to post a picture so you can compare it with what you find in the junkyard.  Just make a note of what year Cherokee you took them from, and when you go to the parts store just find the blades for that year Cherokee.

Generally you can get the wiper arms off with a screwdriver pried up against the nut where the wiper attachment knob comes up through the sheet metal.  Just be careful not to scratch the nearby paint. 

Good luck!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline EagleJoe93

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2015, 08:32:19 AM »
Yes, I did. As a matter of fact I didn't even have to remove them. The 1989 Jeep Cherokee I got them from had its windshield removed already and they were just sitting there in the passenger seat. Surprisingly that was the only complete pair I could find in the yard. Almost all of the other Cherokees were missing theirs. I wouldn't have thought used wiper arms was a part people frequently purchase from a junkyard.

I gave one of them a shot of paint since it was worn to bare metal in places and installed them. I'm glad I have the new wiper arms and blades installed, but for some reason the drivers side doesn't go down to the same level as the passenger side after use. Perhaps I have that one installed incorrectly?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk