News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 01:26:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just joined so, Hi  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Chubbs

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Just joined so, Hi
« on: October 25, 2019, 10:15:15 AM »
Hi guys, glad to see there's a place where there is so much information available for these Eagles. Just bought an 85 Wagon for $1500. Certainly needs work, but I've been picking away at things for the past week. Had to do the Heater core ASAP since it's getting a bit colder out now, needs some coil springs and leaf springs, some exhaust work, a few little things.
Thankfully it already had the Motorcraft 2150 swap. Shifts weird from 2nd to 3rd and my first fill up only got me 13.4 mpg, but I've been enjoying driving it and can't wait for snow to hit.
Surprisingly no rust on the thing, but the hood is crease by the right hinge and it does have a few spots where some minor surface rust is.

Offline Chubbs

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: Just joined so, Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
don't have much pictures yet

Offline Mitch

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 11:23:01 AM »
Looks like a good solid start. Welcome. :occasion14:

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 11:54:44 AM »
Welcome!  Looks like a real nice wagon!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Online Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 03:05:29 PM »
Congrats., welcome to The Den.
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 08:20:46 PM »
Nice looking wagon! Welcome
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Offline TheBirdman

• huffs gear oil
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • that noise? that ll go away.
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 12:40:50 AM »
Oh boy, youre going to love that thing in the snow
83 eagle wagon 4.0

Offline Chubbs

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 09:15:45 PM »
Yeah I'm excited for the snow to come, but gotta wait until late December for that.
Been tinkering away slowly. Replaced the front coil springs and shocks, but since the rear leafs are flat, that made the front 2 inches higher, so I put a 2 inch lift block until I can get an add-a-leaf kit in, when I find the right one, but then that made the shocks bottom out so I got some new rear shocks that extended 4 inches longer, just need to do some kind of brake hose extension sometime cause it gets a bit stretched on a two post hoist  :P.
Did the Exhaust and intake manifold gasket combo on Friday, that was sure fun. Still trying to chase down a bog on acceleration. All will be fixed in due time, when I can afford stuff.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk