News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:12:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: not a complete project  (Read 9455 times)

Offline allend

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
Re: not a complete project
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 04:32:00 AM »
the paint is med.metallic blue acrylic enamel,  no clear coat required.   yes I painted it myself and there are some mistakes in it but at least the rust holes are gonr and its all the same color. I ordered the kit  which has the reducer and harder with it for $68 a gallon from trinity 1945, inc

Offline maximus7001

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • Winnipeg, Canada
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:30 AM »
I was also considering getting some paint from that same place but they won't ship to Canada. Partsource sells it relabled here for $250 vs the $76 that trinity charges.
1968 Javelin SST 290
1981 Concord DL sedan, vintage red metallic (now parts car)
1985 Eagle wagon, same colour as the concord (project car/daily driver)
1997 GMC Safari SLT AWD (full time 4x4) G-80 LSD

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 10:57:01 AM »
Thanks for the mention of the Trinity site Allen.  Here is a link to the acrylic kits.  I see some possibilities for the SX/4 that are close to the original color.  I need to study it some more. 

http://www.paintforcars.com/enamel_paint_kits.html
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk