News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: You bought what?? 88 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build  (Read 89211 times)

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
Re: You bought what?? 88 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2018, 09:29:20 AM »
I'm still around, but I'm having withdrawal from my Eagle!  It's sitting up near Nashville, parked for the winter.  The next leg of our cross-county off road adventure is scheduled for late May.  It's been a crazy winter, and we've decided to move out of Florida and back to Atlanta.  We've got a moving truck scheduled for March 1, which is coming up fast!

After we get back to Atlanta, I'm planning to go get the Eagle and bring it home for some maintenance before Trip #3 on the Trans-America Trail.  It was driven hard and put up wet last time.  I need to get her ready for going across muddy Oklahoma and into Colorado on the next journey.

I really miss working on the car, and driving it even more.  Can't wait to get my hands back on it again!
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

Offline SparkyB

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »
I’ll be on the lookout for ya when you come thru Colorado. Looking thru this thread has just motivated me to go down into the garage and wrench on the Eagle. Thanks

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2018, 12:38:41 AM »
I’ll be on the lookout for ya when you come thru Colorado. Looking thru this thread has just motivated me to go down into the garage and wrench on the Eagle. Thanks

Glad I could help, hah!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »
Gee, I wonder where your Eagle is hiding?
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2018, 06:02:39 PM »
Gee, I wonder where your Eagle is hiding?

Looks like it's behind that tree!  Hah, I didn't want to "out" you as my Tennessee Eagle storage facility, but I really do appreciate the help.  Thanks Rick!

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2018, 10:43:08 AM »

Hey SparkyB, where are you at in Colorado?  I'm near Denver.  When amarshall arrives, we could have a good old Eagle reunion, everybody can meet up at the Rambler Ranch!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline SparkyB

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »

Hey SparkyB, where are you at in Colorado?  I'm near Denver.  When amarshall arrives, we could have a good old Eagle reunion, everybody can meet up at the Rambler Ranch!

I’m down in Pagosa Springs

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »

I’m down in Pagosa Springs

Not exactly down the street from me lol but good to know there is another active member from Colorado!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »
I'm near Denver.  When amarshall arrives, we could have a good old Eagle reunion, everybody can meet up at the Rambler Ranch!

I had a chance to Google the Rambler Ranch, looks like a very cool place!  I floated the idea of an "Eagle Meetup" to my motorcycle buddies, and they gave it a big thumbs up.  Is there anybody here that could connect me with Terry that owns the place?  I thought I'd give him a call and ask a few questions.

We are planning two trips this year on the Trans America Trail.  First trip in May goes through Oklahoma, New Mexico, and ends up somewhere in Southern Colorado (we hope).  Then we need to park the vehicles until summer, waiting for the high mountain passes to thaw and our vacation days to recover.  We will restart in late July or maybe August, and go through Colorado into Utah.

It's pretty hard to predict when we will reach certain places, so if we arrange a meetup it might be best to kick off the July/August trip in Colorado at the Rambler Ranch.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 09:47:30 PM by amarshall »

Offline rmick

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 40
« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2018, 12:33:43 AM »
Terry is a member of the forum I think he goes by nashkid
72 Javelin AMX
72 Javelin SST
72 Gremlin with 4.0
81 SX 4

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2018, 06:17:08 PM »
I'm near Denver.  When amarshall arrives, we could have a good old Eagle reunion, everybody can meet up at the Rambler Ranch!

I had a chance to Google the Rambler Ranch, looks like a very cool place!  I floated the idea of an "Eagle Meetup" to my motorcycle buddies, and they gave it a big thumbs up.  Is there anybody here that could connect me with Terry that owns the place?  I thought I'd give him a call and ask a few questions.

We are planning two trips this year on the Trans America Trail.  First trip in May goes through Oklahoma, New Mexico, and ends up somewhere in Southern Colorado (we hope).  Then we need to park the vehicles until summer, waiting for the high mountain passes to thaw and our vacation days to recover.  We will restart in late July or maybe August, and go through Colorado into Utah.

It's pretty hard to predict when we will reach certain places, so if we arrange a meetup it might be best to kick off the July/August trip in Colorado at the Rambler Ranch.

I'll text you his number.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2018, 03:57:14 PM »
Just a quick update, no real news.  We moved back to Atlanta in March and I've been been crazy busy since then.  For some reason my wife wants me to unpack boxes rather than play with cars!  Go figure.

I was able to go retrieve my Eagle from storage in Tennessee.  Thanks again, Rick.  I knew the instant i arrived it had been well cared for!

Got it back home without much trouble, and it rejoined the fleet.  No garage in Atlanta, so I put everything in the back yard to keep the neighbors from getting too jealous.

I'm now planning on a bunch of maintenance - and maybe a couple more upgrades.  My trip has been delayed until August, and we are hoping to do two weeks back-to-back.

Offline Still Pat

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 14
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2018, 01:38:36 PM »
Haven't been on in a while & just reread this whole thing (couldn't recall where I was when I was here last time). That's amazing!
'83 AMC Eagle wagon 258/auto.
'84 AMC Eagle sedan (4 door) 258/auto.
PREVIOUS AMCs:
'72 Gremlin X 304/3 speed
'81 Eagle Kammback 258/4 speed (Purchased new)
'82 Eagle wagon 258/5 speed (Ordered new, traded Kammback)
'86 (I THINK) Eagle wagon - BlackBird 258/auto. (Got hit/totaled)
'83 Eagle wagon - White Eagle 258-auto. (Front subframe was rotted out - sold for parts)

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #253 on: May 27, 2018, 12:58:15 AM »
Thanks Pat!  I'm still having a blast with it.  My buddies have started to joke that I will be buried in the Eagle, and my wife just shakes her head.  I know that a stock Jeep Cherokee would have been a more sensible trail rig, but every time somebody asks me about the car I know I made the right choice.  Not a smart choice, but the right one for me!

Offline trucker79005

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2018, 04:13:30 PM »
If you coming to colorado in august it would be fun to try to meet. I may be about in the route you would take.
Laura (Shorty)
1978 AMC Concord 2DR Hatchback w/ Ralley package
1983 AMC Eagle Wagon Limited w/ 5 speed
1971 Ford F250:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk