News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody deal with O'Reilly Auto Parts?  (Read 10068 times)

Offline mechanic80

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 7
  • 87 Limited Wagon
Auto Parts Stores
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
I'm an ASE certified mechanic as well as ASE certified in parts sales.  Having worked for O"Reilly (and Buick and Honda and Checker and more stores than I can recall over the decades) and currently, happily  working for CarQuest Auto Parts, I have to agree with the "don't trust anyone under 30" concept.  There are great counterpersons and pathetic counterpersons at any store.  The way a corporation treats their employees has a direct relationship on said employee's efforts.  (Did you hear that, O'Reilly's?)  I really like my job particularly because I know I'm helping people who actually need my expertise.  Asking me for Cummins spark plugs, Halogen fluid and '71 Beetle radiators really ticks me off.  I hope that post was a joke. Essentially it comes down to MODEL, MAKE AND YEAR which many people (even shop managers!) surprisingly don't even know and expect me to be psychic.  :amc:
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's  NOT out to get you! :amc:

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk