News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:48:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: good source for 7/16" head bolts/studs?!?!?!?!?!  (Read 4052 times)

Offline eagle4x4

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
good source for 7/16" head bolts/studs?!?!?!?!?!
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:31:07 PM »
so far I've spent hours online and mostly come up with the 1/2" head bolts or kits that say they fit the 248ci/4.2l but no reference to diameter.....   ???
 seems like arp has a set 112-4001 but I can't find out anything about which size it is...
I'm also hoping to not break the bank on replacing them :o   
I already have one busted one  :banghead: and don't want to risk used ones again (I could just head out back to a "parts" engine if I was that brave....)
4cyl 1981 sx/4
6cyl 1981 sx/4
6cyl 1984 wagon
all under construction

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: good source for 7/16" head bolts/studs?!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:40:42 PM »
Sorry your never going to find the studded ones. i could be wrong. i again am sorry i reused the bolts with no problems. howrver a tap and die is a must. meaning cleanlyness is next to godlyness. just saying these are not torque to yield bolts and should be reuseable

Manitowoc WI

Offline TLC87Eagle

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: good source for 7/16" head bolts/studs?!?!?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
4wd hardware has them, but they are pretty pricey if you need the studs. I just needed two studs for the idler pulley since I switched to an aluminium valve cover. But that would run you pretty high if you needed a whole side of them. I first ordered from 4wd hardware, but they got back ordered, so I went to the Jeep dealer with the part number from the website, and got two in the next day.
Here is the link for ordering and/or the Jeep part number.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Engine-Performance/Head-Bolt-with-Stud.aspx?t_c=74&t_s=46&t_pt=7320&t_pn=JEPJ4007300
1987 Eagle Wagon Limited

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk