News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windshield reveal moulding clips (again)  (Read 2984 times)

Offline mercman64

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Windshield reveal moulding clips (again)
« on: January 05, 2016, 11:20:12 AM »
I know questions have been brought up alot about the windshield moulding clips and what to use.  My problem is the front and back glass are out of my sedan and I have none of the original clips at all.   does anybody know specifically what clips will work and do i need a different type for the bottom edge of the windshield?    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,  Kevin
82 Eagle 4 door Sedan
94 F150 4x4 4.9L
09 mini cooper s (turbo 6 speed)
64 mercury comet caliente

Offline johnbendik

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 20
Re: Windshield reveal moulding clips (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 12:21:07 PM »
Kevin,

These are what worked for me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MQ5V9C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage.  They are listed as "CRL 1976-1981 GM and 1975-1985 AMC Windshield Molding Clips".  The box of 50 was $8.09 plus shipping.

Knowing the GM equivalent, you might also be able to find them locally at an auto parts store...

Good luck,
JB
1984 Eagle Sportwagon
258 - 6 cyl
5-speed !

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:07 PM »
napa has several different sizes, one or two will work in an eagle, take an old one in and match up to new ones.

Offline mercman64

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
Excellent,   I ordered a few different clips from amazon and the ones john referenced are one of them.   I know Napa has a good stock of clips, but since I have none of the originals I have nothing to compare to, kind of playing the try different things and see what works game

I guess the real question is are all the clips the same or does it use different clips for the top or bottom?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:48:34 PM by mercman64 »
82 Eagle 4 door Sedan
94 F150 4x4 4.9L

Offline mercman64

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 09:37:47 AM »
Well i picked up a set of the GM/AMC 75 and on clips off of amazon (16.99 for 100) and they seem to work perfectly
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/kakakevin/IMG_4388.jpg

I test fit all the trim on (of course i have no windshield or back glass yet) and everything looks like it should and the trim snaps in tightly
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/kakakevin/IMG_4395.jpg

I did notice however that depending on where exactly the stud is welded in on that channel in some places it was best not to slide the clip in all the way (they mound on a slanted groove so basically the further you push them on the lower down the clip sits in the channel
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo305/kakakevin/IMG_4399.jpg

It looks like they will work best if you try to get that top tab lined up just below flush with the edge of the body (the clip in that last picture is a little too far down and i imagine that creates alot of the problems some guys have when trying to snap the trim back in after the windshield is installed)

Once I get the glass put in i can confirm for sure about the depth of the clips.

Hopefully that clears up some of the frustration alot of us seem to be having with these windshield moulding clips.
82 Eagle 4 door Sedan
94 F150 4x4 4.9L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk