News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:57:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some questions about a spirit  (Read 9646 times)

Offline Sunny

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 29
Some questions about a spirit
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
How hard/expensive would it be to find some Spirit AMX flares and front air dam.
I messaged a seller about one, but the car is missing the wheel well flares as well as the front air dam.
I'm still waiting to hear back on the motor/transmission [I'm hoping 304/4 speed]
From what I can find, the production numbers seem to be under 3000. So parts availability is instantly an issue for me.

I'm going to assume it's a 79 by the Turbocast II wheels.
From what I've searched online, they seem to be cheap enough to pick up full car's that need work, but with the <3000 production on the AMX, I'm thinking that parts themselves are going to be super hard to find.

I'm just hoping it runs well enough to get it here. I'll probably be doing a bunch of work to the motor anyways as 130HP really isin't enough to keep me entertained.. but if it's a solid car, it could make for an interesting project.

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
Re: Some questions about a spirit
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:53:44 AM »
Go to Ontario Kijiji and look at ad 351034626
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:34:21 AM »
If the owner of the AMX posted the VIN, you can tell by the 8th character what it came with.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Ohio AMX

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:07:08 AM »
The fender flares are easier to find than the front spoiler, but an element of luck is still involved. I bought all 4 flares and half of the front spoiler very reasonably last year, but then had to spend 3 times as much as the whole set just to get the other half of the spoiler (which was NOS).

The good news is that some 78-80 AMX owners don't like the flares and take off perfectly good ones. They were also used on the Gremlin GT which makes a few more sets out there.
Visit the 1977 Hornet AMX Registry at CarNutDirect.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk