News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 12:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New sx4  (Read 3776 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
New sx4
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
Bless my brothers keen eyes, and my annoying information.  I told him so much about the eagle, he recognized this sx4 as he drove past it, and told me.  long story short, I stopped by this morning, and checked her out.  nearly Identical sx4 as the parts one nearby.  mid restoration too!

I stopped by just after picking up my sister from work.  There's enough here to know it's a decent eagle. I'd love to see progress on it, but I'm not sure.  it seems pretty much untouched for a while.

Gotta love that.  Even if I prefer the jeep turbines, these are great. the center caps are inside.

Welded stuff in, so the rust is taken care of.  It's an automatic, so I wouldn't be to thrilled.  Lord knows I'm a sucker for a stick.

It's not pretty, but It means it's getting fixed. 

The camera (that's apparently is annoyingly good) is a bit off on color.  It's not bad, but certainly not that good.

These corners are all perfect.  I was really impressed with that.  I wonder if they were bought, or just stored really well.

I don't know if it is really for sale, but this combined with the parts one a bit a way is enough to make a whole car.  I hope I can work something out, and get my winter car!  if not, I'm going to ask if he knows about the parts car nearby.  and I'm pointing him here.  I'd really like to see the progress on this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:24:17 PM by youngkyle »

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: New sx4
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:59:41 PM »
 :amc           
          HI     I guess they were to big ..I would :like: to see them ...please try agene ......don  :     
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:01:26 AM by doneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:01:34 AM »
:amc           
          HI     I guess they were to big ..I would :like: to see them ...please try agene ......don  :   
YK, I would also like to see your pictures. Please downsize the images and try again. Thanks :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 12:25:26 PM »
I resized the images, I hope you can see them.  Dumb phone camera, way to good. 

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 01:15:23 PM »
That's better...this time the images are showing. That Eagle looks like it's getting some attention and hopefully progress is being or will be made. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »

Hay    that's more like it ....with some tlc  and work that will make nice winter car like you want .... good luck
                 getting her so you will have all summer to get her reedy for winter........don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk