News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 20, 2024, 04:43:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electrical Gauge Cluster swap help  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Electrical Gauge Cluster swap help
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »
I wasn't sure if i should put this into Altered Eagles or here in regular Electrical, but here goes.

I'm getting back to the Eagle to fix it's odds and ends, new paint, fuel tank modification (XJ tank into an Eagle), all new front suspension parts, etc.

Anyways, I need to figure how to get the XJ gauges into the Eagle, or the Eagle gauges to work with the XJ stuff. I have them in now but it looks like crap since the XJ cluster is hobcobbled in there.

Has anyone done the wiring for a FULL XJ drivetrain swap to work with the stock Eagle gauges? Or is there aftermarket gauges I could buy for it all?

I know that the clusters have different resistances, and that the XJ uses an electrical as opposed to the older Eagle style for it's speedometer.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk