News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 25, 2024, 11:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1984 Wagon daily driver, 'Zoro II'  (Read 13786 times)

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
Re: 1984 Wagon daily driver, 'Zoro II'
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 12:37:17 AM »
Am I missing the Dash photos? I am about 2 hours from you.

I don't have any good dash photos but it's all there intact and complete.
84 Eagle Wagon aka 'Zoro II'
263,000 miles and counting!

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 05:15:43 PM »
Still here for those interested.

New aluminum 3 core radiator installed.
Rear pinion seal replaced.
ALT, Starter, and Battery are NEW
Door handles, windshield and ac condenser going in shortly.

There has been a TON of interest in this car but mostly seems to be tire kickers.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk but there's a few things I need to get off my chest.

PLEASE if you're not 100% sure you actually want to BUY the car don't bug me for 3,500 different photos of every little aspect of the car over the course of 400 PM's/emails.

If you're going to come look please don't bring 12 of your buddies. This sale is between you and I, not me and everybody you know.

I'm NOT parting this car out.

I don't mind if you look over the car really well but I don't want the fender flares and trim removed because you don't believe me that there is no rust. 2 of the flares and associated trim are loose now because the last several people to come and look at the car did not believe me and broke the associated plastic rivets.

There is also a small amount of play in the driver side door hinge now thanks to the last guy who came to look and hung all of his 400LBS on the door. If you break it you've just bought the car. This is my daily driver and if you don't buy the car I still gotta drive it. It's for that reason that I will ride along on the test drive.

If you don't like something about the car then it's not the car for you. Please don't insult me if the radio or tires or some factory option isn't something you'd have chosen.

This is a 30yr old car that has delivered the US Mail and was built during the cold war by a company that hasn't existed since before the fall of the Berlin Wall.

There are dings and scrapes in the paint.

If you're looking for a car that you can jump right in and drive to the ends of the Earth without worry of breaking down than this is your car.

Again sorry if I sound grumpy but I've dealt with a lot of mean spirited folks lately.

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »
Well said! And I don't blame you one bit. I'd be a might upset myself and rightfully so. Good luck on your sale.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 10:49:30 PM »
Still here for those interested. If this doesn't sell quick this car will be brand new by the time somebody here makes up their mind.

NEW windshield installed October 1st 2014($300)

S10 axleshafts($150)

Nearly new doorhandles going in to replace the tired front handles

BRAND NEW 3 core aluminum CJ7 V8 radiator installed($200+) [photo is from build thread and does NOT show overflow hose]

NEW tie rod connecting sleeves

Most likely going back to the BFG AT's in the 215/75/R15

Only big issues that are bugging me right now are a busted grille and broken shifter which will hopefully be replaced here before too long

Best photo I have of the cracked grille and it's from last winter

Any questions? Respond here or PM me.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:52:21 PM by Zoro »

Offline tuned_pipe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »
I am interested  in your car .. I live in Windsor ont ..  how far are you from the ont. border ... thanks PAUL

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 07:32:17 PM »
4 or 5 hours on a good day. I regularly take the Eagle up to Rochester if that helps any.

Offline tuned_pipe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »
that's to bad  you are so far .. I have the $$$  and its exacly  what  I am looking for ..  thanks PAUL

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »
that's to bad  you are so far .. I have the $$$  and its exacly  what  I am looking for ..  thanks PAUL

If you're serious I'd meet you halfway or even all the way if you cover the gas& flight back.

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 11:07:14 PM »
Zoro II has been sold and is awaiting his new home.

Thanks for all the interest.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:29 AM »
Hope to see the new owners here.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Zoro

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 06:48:26 PM »
Hope to see the new owners here.

Sale fell thru at the 11th hour, buyer got wet feet. I've decided to keep the car.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk