News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 29, 2024, 04:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport for sale, Saskatchewan Canada  (Read 9038 times)

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport for sale, Saskatchewan Canada
« on: June 03, 2014, 03:09:48 PM »
Hello Everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted. I have not had a lot of time to devote to my Eagle and have only been able to drive it occasionally for the last few years. Unfortunately it may be time to let it go to someone who will be able to enjoy it. For anyone on the board I am taking offers for this car. I would much rather work out a private deal and have the car go to someone I know will take care of it. Please PM me if you are interested and would like to talk further.

Feel free to post any replies you'd like, but if you are interested in making an offer or discuss further please PM me directly.

Now on to the ad....

AMC Eagle SX/4 Sport for sale! This car runs and drives great and is currently plated.

Engine has been swapped with an AMC 4.0 from a Jeep Cherokee with 75k on it. This is a common upgrade on an Eagle.

Transmission has been rebuilt with a shift kit (less than 2k on it). New springs, air shocks, all new suspension and steering components, gaskets, etc. New battery. New BFG All-Terrains installed (less than 2k). Rebuilt radiator, new hoses and belt, etc. New brake pads shoes, and drums. New brake booster and master cylinder. CD player installed with 4 Infinity speakers.

This car has had all rust issues repaired including the inner and outer rockers which are normally a problem on these cars. Other rust issues on the body have been fixed and the car has been repainted.

Trim parts are good, bumper end caps are intact, all lights work, good rear marker lights, etc. I spent a lot of effort tracking down all of the normal hard-to-find Eagle parts that are usually damaged on these cars! Rare OEM Eagle mudflaps as installed as well, with another spare set. I also have the passenger side mirror, its just not installed.

Car comes with lots of extra parts including a spare transmission (I used this while rebuilding the other one), transfer case, wheel bearings, new brake calipers and hoses, and a bunch of extra Eagle related odds and ends. I also have the rest of the stuff for the 4.0L engine that was not needed for the engine swap so that it could be fuel injected if so desired.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: 1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport for sale, Saskatchewan Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:50:09 PM »
Very nice looking Eagle! Very similar color to one that used to be for sale here in Missouri. Good luck with your sale.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:14:01 AM »
Car is nice except the color. Green cars always seem to cause accidents for me!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »
FYI the colour was custom made myself. It wasn't a pre-existing option they had at the paint shop.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 01:48:34 AM »
I know. That's what makes it bad for me. I have been in 17 accidents since 1974. All but one were caused or involved a green car. About 15 years back I heard racers were superstitious about running against a green car. I can understand why. LOL! My sons have the same trouble too. (maybe because of the Scottish and not Irish heritage?) My youngest has been looking for an SX4 for almost 15 years in BC.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »
Well its not that hard to get here from BC! I don't think I'd be able to change the colour for a test drive though!  :rotfl:

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 03:52:52 PM »
Sadly, I agree. He would buy it in a flash if not rusty underneath. All the ones he finds in BC are rotted out.

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 05:04:35 PM »
It's really not very rusty underneath. There is a lot of dirt though. Look at the stabilizer shock (which is only a couple years old) and see that its the same colour as the rest of it. In fact I had a lot of stuff done to get rid of a lot of rust. The inner and outer rockers were repaired as well as all of the body rust, etc.

One thing I didn't do (which a lot of people do) is paint it all black with that undercoating crap to cover up any rust in there. Maybe I'll wash it underneath and update the photo.

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:58:32 PM »
I have admired this car over on cardomain many times.

I like how the speedometer goes up to 180. That could scare people around here if they don't read too closely.

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 01:15:17 AM »
Thanks for the comment Eagle Groupie. I have always loved the square speedometers on the Eagle.

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 01:20:34 AM »
Sadly, I agree. He would buy it in a flash if not rusty underneath. All the ones he finds in BC are rotted out.

After you said that I went and rubbed off some of that dirt to see how rusty it really was. I also went through the entire underside of the car and there is very little rust on the car at all. There were a few issues in the past when I bought it like the rockers being completely rusted out but I had them fixed and they have held up nicely. I also had the drivers side rear quarter panel  fixed as well and you can't tell at all that it used to have a huge hole in it.
 This was all professionally done work. I also had a few other  minor rust spots fixed at the same time.

This car hasn't even been out in the rain in 6 years.

Offline GrimWeafer

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Dare To Be Different
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
Where is this car now?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 08:52:56 AM by GrimWeafer »
1981 AMC Eagle Limited
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

Offline Shin-X

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 30
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 03:54:41 PM »

So I finally got around to washing it all up underneath (might not have been done in 20 years for all I know!). I sprayed it down with water, then sprayed it down with a degreaser and then let it sit for a couple hours, then sprayed it down with water again.

It turns out that at some point a previous owner had sprayed a thick black undercoating underneath the car which all looked bumpy under the car. Chunks where it had come off that had the nice original burnt orange colour of the car from before I painted it. It must have been done a long time ago because I've had the car 10 years and I didn't do it, and I don't believe the previous owner did either.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised just how good it looks after using that degreaser. It was my first time using that one and every other one I ever tried was disappointing so I didn't have high expectations..

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »
Eagles were all give an undercoat from the factory.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk