The Shop > Question and Answer

Strange Tube and Clutch Problems

(1/2) > >>

siguy8:
There's a strange tube sticking up in my engine compartment and I can't figure out what it's for. It's the one with the white cap that seems to have a vent valve on it. It's in the middle of this picture:

My problem with it is that the other end isn't connected to anything. I thought it went to my clutch, but I found that hose and confirmed that it connects to the clutch. The end has some sort of metal elbow on it. What is it?

I'm also having trouble on the correct procedure to bleed my clutch. The pedal only seems to have the lower half of the normal range of motion and it feels a little soft. Any direction on that would be great. I think the previous owner just replaced the clutch master cylinder.

maddog:
if i remember correctly that is the vent for the front axle but if i'm wrong which does happen occasionally somebody please correct me.

mudkicker715:
Axle ventis correct.

I bleed the clutch. Just like I bleed the brakes with an assistant.  Pump 3x hold, open valve, shut valve. Repeat until no air is coming out

siguy8:
Axle vent... I'll have to find out where on the axle that came from then. That'll be a good project for tomorrow along with correctly bleeding the clutch. Thanks!!

mudkicker715:

--- Quote from: casper on March 03, 2011, 01:56:24 AM ---mud kicker is right on. i beleive my vent tube connects on the top of my axle housing. i looked at it to check it a couple weeks ago.

--- End quote ---

Bingo and it has a 90* bend that points to the driver fender well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version