News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:50:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1981 BBD non feedback emissions delete  (Read 4648 times)

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
  • Ohh look, its an angry Eagle.
    • old betsy
1981 BBD non feedback emissions delete
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:17:50 PM »
Hey guys
       I am going to be doing a little side work for Garyeagle, he has an 81 Eagle limited with a 258 Its all original. As all of you can understand after 30 years a lot of the vacuum lines on the vehicle are brittle and leaking. I would like to remove all of the unnecessary emissions equipment (except the catalytic converter) It is a stock 258 with the non feed back carter carburetor. Any suggestions or diagrams would be appreciated.  
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
Re: 1981 BBD non feedback emissions delete
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 06:21:42 PM »
?
I Don't know why. But everybody's always talking about their STI or That guys EVO, I think I'll stick with my old, but reliable AmC. Did I ever tell you I was Full blooded Eagle?

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »
thanks Mernsy

I have a question is this a 5 port Vacuum switch using only 3 ports? Are 2 of the ports spliced?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
You may be able to see what I did in these pics. http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/AMC%20Eagle/
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
I can't really make out to much from the pictures.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 01:04:47 AM »
I too have an 81 with the old fashioned smog pump instead of the pulse air system...which I wasnt a big fan of either. I got one of gronks motorcraft conversions and love it. I got a lot more power and it got rid of probably a dozen vacuum lines.

AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 09:14:33 AM »
I had both AIR and pulse systems in mine (someone grafted it together because the VIN says it didn't come with a cat)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline 85AmCfreak

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 19
    • old betsy
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »
He is not looking to go for a different carb, he just wants to cleanup the engine bay.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »
That's what I did. The non-compu BBD doesn't have as many problems as the compu version

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk