General > Cone of Confusion

Confused auto parts lady

(1/6) > >>

Zoro:
Took the Eagle out of hibernation today and had her out on the town running errands. Had to replace a bad headlight and tail light bulb so I went to Advanced Auto. Their computer did not list a headlight for the AMC Eagle but they tried to sell me some assembly that was $43.00 ??? Ended up getting the correct lights and after the lady rang up the sale she asked me "What made you want to put a lift on that car?" She couldn't figure out what it was so I told her it was an AMC Eagle. I got a really blank and confused stare and I told her that the company that made it is not around any more and that they built the first 4wd cars. She then told me that she thought it was either a Celebrity or a Citation or some sort of Buick. Also got lots of other confused looks and stares while I was out.

dkoug:
WOW

Sweet Eagle

dkoug

shanebo:
I got about the same reaction from a guy at autozone.

maddog:
the guys at the advance auto i go to all the time think i'm saying gmc when i say amc. and what's worse one of the guys has a family member who has a two door sedan.

eaglesx4:
I did a similar with the local parts store.  I went in and they were young people so I asked if anyone knew what an AMC was.  One said yes then I asked if he knew what an AMC EAGLE was and he said yes he drives past one on the way to work.  He said it was a 2dr yellow with brown bottom.  (The car is beige but everyone calls it yellow), it was my car he drives past.  If he is not there when I go in, I leave until it is his shift to work.  He knows his parts and so far he has been right on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version