News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 05, 2024, 07:46:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1985 AMC Eagle Sport for sale  (Read 696 times)

Offline Marcus Brody

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
1985 AMC Eagle Sport for sale
« on: October 17, 2023, 10:55:08 PM »
Up for sale is my quintessential 80s 4x4 station wagon! I picked this wagon up after searching for a while as it has the relatively uncommon 5 speed manual transmission with the Sport Package as well. I've really enjoyed it and it is fun to drive around, you always get thumbs up and nods, but it is time to make room for new projects. I love being part of the Eagle and AMC community and this forum has been a wonderful place to support my project over the years.  Since I've owned the car I have done a fair amount to it to make it a good safe driver.

Here is a summary of what I've done:
- Rebuilt the interior, replaced the carpet and headliner, did a deep clean of the fabric seats, all of the vinyl, etc.
- Replaced as many light bulbs as I could get to
- Replaced the rear lift struts
- Installed new timing chain, gaskets, water pump, belts, hoses, etc.
- Installed a new aluminum valve cover to address the old leaking plastic one
- New brakes all the way around with new discs, calipers, drums, wheel cylinders, hoses, etc.
- Rebuilt the entire suspension with new poly bushings, shocks, struts, all the way around
- New tires
- New JL Audio speakers and wiring
- Factory SEV Marchal fog lights that work
- Sport package which from the research I've done included the fog lights, center console with clock, oil pressure, vacuum, and amps, sport steering wheel, and red accented trim

Pretty much everything works which is amazing but here is what needs attention that I know of at the moment:
- Temp gauge not working
- Speedo goes in and out
- Not sure if it shifts in and out of 4 wheel drive
- Clutch may need to be done soon but works fine
- Front seat belt buckles need to be replaced, currently the drivers side clips into the passenger side so the driver is safe but you can't have a passenger until this is fixed.  Rear lap belts are all good.

The car fires right up, idles great, and cruises around town no problem. All the paperwork is fully in order, titled, registered, smogged, all good to go. Let me know if you have any questions but as usual I'll ignore anything that remotely looks like spam, so make sure you convince me you're a real human ;-)

The car is located in Sunnyvale California and I do have a listing going on Craigslist if you want to check it out and see pictures.  I didn't see a way to attach pictures even under the "attachments and other options" below the post.  Asking $8,000.  Not sure yet how to handle payment through a sale like this up but I'm sure we can sort that out.  Thanks for the interest.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk