News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:59:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newb/ not newb  (Read 2398 times)

Offline wndsofchng06

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
newb/ not newb
« on: January 24, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
So in 2008, my grandmother gave me her 1985 AMC Eagle, fully loaded with only 45,000 miles on it.  She had the transmission rebuilt and all the regular service on it (if you ask me they were only servicing her wallet most of the time).  Anyhow, I used it as my daily driver, the cv shafts fell out, the heat quit, the driver door dropped 2 inches every time you opened it, but it kept going.  Then sometime in 2009, the car became too hard to start, the bad spot in flywheel had gotten too big, and constantly resetting it with a breaker bar on the crank pulley was too much.  I was fresh out of college and had just moved to DC for my first big job and had no room to work on it at the apartment.  I sold her on craigslist for 400 I think to a guy that was supposedly going to fix her up.  Fast forward a decade.  I  now have a garage, home of my own, and reliable income.  I want to try to find my old Eagle.  I posted a wanted ad on DC craigslist looking for the car, what other ways can one hunt down an old car they used to own?

heres the CL ad :  https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/wan/d/wanted-my-old-amc-eagle/6464565785.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:13:59 AM by wndsofchng06 »

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: newb/ not newb
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:05:47 PM »
I wish you luck with that. Seems to be difficult

Manitowoc WI

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »
That won't be easy.   Here's a link to some good info on this topic:

http://www.the-lost-car-registry.com/resources.php

May be easier to find a similar car to buy - hopefully in better shape than your old one - dark blue seems to be a color I see on Ebay quite often (well, "often" is not all that often!).

Good luck.
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline wndsofchng06

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:32:07 PM »
interesting link, thanks!

Offline amarshall

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 16
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 12:34:20 PM »
You might want to check vinwiki.com out.  It's a site that tracks cars, and lets users/owners enter details and history for cars.  You'd have to be pretty lucky to find your car, but give it a shot.
Wanted:  More time to work on my Eagle!

1988 Eagle Wagon - Overlander Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45852.0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk