News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 24, 2024, 08:03:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Whose getting these parts?  (Read 7095 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Whose getting these parts?
« on: April 25, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
Here in the area I live you can go months without seing another eagle...theres next to none around anymore.
There are a few that pop up in junk yards from time to time. I try my best to be one of the first on scene to have my pick of the littler. There were 2 Eagles and a concord at a junkyard in southern colorado springs...as few of these cars that are on the road I wasnt too worried I would have much competition for parts...Literally inside of a week these very complete cars were picked down to a skeleton...WHO is taking all these parts...there are no Nesters for miles. Literally I went there at noon got a small part and came back that evening only to find the cars had been almost completly gutted....Where are all these parts ending up
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
Re: Whose getting these parts?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 01:23:39 AM »
That is a good question.  Eagles popup in the yards around here from time to time.  Pigonawing and I never have enough money to pull much from them.  The next closest member to us is an hour south, then there is another member 2.5 hours away.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »
Here in the area I live you can go months without seing another eagle...theres next to none around anymore.
There are a few that pop up in junk yards from time to time. I try my best to be one of the first on scene to have my pick of the littler. There were 2 Eagles and a concord at a junkyard in southern colorado springs...as few of these cars that are on the road I wasnt too worried I would have much competition for parts...Literally inside of a week these very complete cars were picked down to a skeleton...WHO is taking all these parts...there are no Nesters for miles. Literally I went there at noon got a small part and came back that evening only to find the cars had been almost completly gutted....Where are all these parts ending up

I did that to a bird or two, but not that far south :P Could be some people hoping to make a quick buck on ebay....
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 06:19:07 AM »
Makes you wonder, doesn't it.  I just hope they are going to good homes.  At least they are not being crushed.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline eagle503

• "I'm not a mechanic I'm a parts replacer give me the book I can do it"
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • 85 limited wagon
    • art of loehr
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »
Here in Oregon there are very few eagles but some how every time I find one in the yard it is striped to. All I wanted was a tail lite assembly so I drove from the coast to Vancouver to check out one in a pik n pull ....~ stripped!
Odly most everything was gone except the elusive hatch hinges, the hatch was closed and locked....good thing I had the keys to my eagle!...perfect fit!so I did get the hatch hinges I needed one of and now I got a spare to.
      When I got home I jumped on the bay and guess what I found being sold out of Vancouver for way more than junkyard prices.

Click for YOUR_TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline SleepsUnderCars

• Eagle crazy
  • Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 62
  • the last truckload of Eagles ?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
i see the same thing here.....i know there are a few Eagle owners in the area, just not on the nest. The closest junkyard to me has three eagles, they're mostly stripped out. all the common parts are gone, many others have been trashed by people taking what they want and destroying other parts in the process. Also parts such as control arms that are torched by lazy/ careless employees.
'81 AMC EAGLE KAMMBACK rustbucket - off road only
'84 AMC EAGLE SEDAN
'68 Rambler Rogue 
'88 Dodge Ramcharger 
'07 Chrysler Pacifica (family hauler)
'80 AMC Spirit   ** FOR SALE **
'85 EAGLE WAGON sport   -bad frame future project

Alcology

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »
They might be part of a parts network.  A bunch of places near me in mass won't let you go into their yards but you can ask for stuff and if they don't have it they order it from a yard that does.

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 07:35:46 PM »
Im not mad the parts are getting snatched up...Im just wondering why with all these Eagle specific parts being bought up I dont see a few more eagles around...I have not seen an ealgle on the road..minus the 3 that belong to people that live around here...in several months.

Hey Eagle503...that funny you mention the tail light thing....90% of the Eagles I find around here have both tail lights intact and in great shape yet all the other parts are gone....Its so wierd...Usually tail lenses are the first thing to go on any junkyard car....Tail lenses are no real popular here.

Offline thereverendbill

• Thumbs Up 85
  • as seen on the internet
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
this is why i am happy i still have my honey hole of eagles in the salvage yard owned by a good friend of mine.  When he gets another eagle in or it is time to free up some yard space i get a text message and a phone call to come get the "discounted non metal parts" ;D
1980 Eagle 2 door sedan (future solid axle swap)
1981 Eagle Kammback (restoration in progress)
1983 SX/4 SOLD
1983 Eagle Limited wagon  *For Sale* SOLD
1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer (daily driver)
Click for YOUR TOWN, STATE Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

another amc forum
www.amcevolution.com

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
It is good to have friends in the salvage buisness!!  ;)

Offline JayRamb

• ELLA THE EAGLE & EDWIN THE EAGLE
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • AMC passion for over 32 years. BIG advocate!
    • UPDATED!!  1967 Rambler Rebel weebly website
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »
There is a yard in central MN, called French Lake Auto Salvage in Annandale, MN. They used to have a Silver Concord, 5 Eagles, 2 Pacers, 2 Americans, Matador 2 door and a Hornet with a NICE complete interior...the yard crushed them. They all had great usable parts on them. Scrap went up and snuffed them out. The yard crushed over 2000 cars. SO  :censored: MAD!
Jayson H.
Best HWY Mileage of 87 Eagle:  26.2 MPG

Believer in AMSOIL & Seafoam
1987 Garnet Red Eagle Wagon: 70,500 miles
1967 Rambler Rebel 4 Door 290 V8 (original family car) Marina Aqua 142K miles
1985 Eagle Wagon in Autumn Brown 74,800 miles as my daily driver
SOLD 1984 Black Eagle Limited w/Tach & gauge cluster: 245,100 miles SOLD

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:48:53 PM »
It sucks...most salvage yards only see dollar signs when they look at cars. They dont often see the real value of these vehicles.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »
You have to realize how many things have to align for 2 Eagle owners to cross each others path. When I lived in CO, I would get sighting reports from friends and family. That's when I realized how many were still out there. Here in TN, I haven't seen one in a year and a half. The guy at the parts store says he used to see one when the weather got bad but hasn't seen it in a couple years.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline shanebo

• Thumbs Up 71
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
That is a very good point. Im not exactly going out and looking for them. Theres 4 in the small town I live in (including mine) and I only cross paths with them once a month at best. Theres a station on tv that shows traffic cams of major intersections 24/7. If I ever get a ton of time on my hands It would be interesting to see just how many go by. in a days time.

Offline tougeagle

• Horses, rodeos, diesel trucks and AMC Eagles
  • Thumbs Up 75
  • There are many like it, but this one is mine
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 01:21:16 AM »
I've seen several on the road, but sightings are always far between. There's that copper one I wrote about months back that lives here, and I heard from people at the station there is an old couple that has a pristine wagon just like mine too, never seen it though. All in all since I've owned my car I've seen a red/black sx4, a white, VERY lifted SAS sx4, blue and silver wagon, Shanebo's current wagon, a cream wagon, two wagons identical to mine in boulder, white one in lakewood, and another copper one close to Sterling. It's a shame most of those owners don't know about the 'nest.... There are always eagles for sale on c-list.
Upcoming 1982 Wagon "The Silver Bullet"
Goals: 550hp/600tq 4.5L EFI Turbo Stroker, Tremec 6 speed manual
2007 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 6 speed 600+hp/1400+tq fully deleted
1998 Honda Civic "the hoopdy"

What's your 'sona?

A dream car does not have to be beautiful in the eyes of others, it's not theirs.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk