News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 02:48:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Weber Carb breather is too tall...  (Read 2905 times)

Offline ChickenFarmer3

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Fly like an Eagle!!
My Weber Carb breather is too tall...
« on: February 18, 2017, 12:23:50 AM »
Title says it all.  The filter is smashed down to make the hood close.  I am tempted to swap carbs, but the Weber runs real good. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:24:27 AM by ChickenFarmer3 »

Offline 4x4jollyr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Re: My Weber Carb breather is too tall...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:35:25 PM »
I've got a Webber with that filter on a wagon. Hood doesn't crush the filter, but there is no insulation mat on the hood either. I went to my local Advance auto for new filter recently. They. didn't find one in their K&N book so they sold me a cleaning kit for $13 and said it'll last 1,000,000 miles w kit.

Are you using  the webber  linkage that came w carb? Any shifting weirdness between 2nd and 3rd gear(auto)?

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »
is that a 4bbl intake? with a 4-2 bbl adapter? gz

Offline ChickenFarmer3

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Fly like an Eagle!!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 01:29:33 PM »
Good eye!  Too much? I have 1 glass pack run out under the drivers side door, I haven't installed the one for under the passengers side door yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:32:37 PM by ChickenFarmer3 »

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »
does the carb accept a standard round base?  Summit has some universal air cleaners with a 1.75" filter height, not sure what you have now.  This K&N is a little pricey, I'm sure they have some other options available.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-56-1620/overview/
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk