News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 19, 2024, 07:56:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Progress is being made  (Read 61578 times)

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 179
Re: Progress is being made
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »
Here are the videos...

Click on the pictures and it will load the videos.
First start up after the swap...

Adjusting the throttle...

Here's the engine just running and reving...

Here's the finished engine starting up.  So much more smooth of a start up than I have ever seen on this old Bird...

Then, we had an issue with it stalling when we tried to pull it out of the shop.  So, Dustin hopped in to get a feel for it.  Here he is driving the Eagle around...

We bumped up the timing a little; an issue that we'll have to do again when we do the HEI upgrade I am sure.  Now it runs better than I have ever seen.  After Dustin got out I took it around the property-the closest to off road it has been since I have had it.  Stopped to do a photo op with some of the Eagle's cousins-Dustin's collection of military 6x6s.

IIRC he has five total.  He has a few of the cargo trailers too.  One of them he modified and made it into a 4x4 pickup.  All it needs is the driveshaft he had custom made installed and it will be good to go.  It had a big lift on it, and he's making a box out of a military trailer for it.  He also has a city snow plow for it.    

Sometime soon we're going to build one of the enclosed trucks into a mini motor home for Dustin and his family.  That will be a fun build.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 10:10:31 PM by 83Eagle! »
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
Lookin good brandon! Sounds good too. That's some egg cellent documentation there
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #197 on: March 11, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »
Thanks Shane.  It drove really nice on the way home.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »
 :occasion14: Glad to see you got it together and running well.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Prafeston

« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2012, 08:58:30 AM »
Was that finished start up after doing the ECM Test too...or was that just installing the Carb and adjusting the throttle and idle? I've never had a start up that smooth on my Motorcraft even after the ECM Test. I gotta figure this out! ERRR.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 179
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »
That was just with the carb swap.  We ran out of time to do the HEI swap.  It definitely runs a lot smoother, but I think the HEI will help.  Dustin said the stock distributor was inferior to the motorcraft carb.

are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk