News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 01:06:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 80 bald Eagle  (Read 13919 times)

80baldeagle

80 bald Eagle
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:32:27 AM »
Well igot my first eagle! Its a 80, 4 door sedan, very little rust except where the vianl top was, which is why its now the bald eagle hahaha it has a little rust in the roof but not to bad. 76k miles still has orginal paint on the motor! Inside is nice except its been sittin for about 6 years, but put gas in the carb (fuel pumps out) and it fires right up with no smoke! Bought it for 400 bucks! Ill get pictures as soon as possible! I wanna lift it, I think my dad said somethin bout 2 inches is okay, he read it on here I think. Its gunna be a daily driver/mud toy hehe :) I'm excited!

Prafeston

Re: 80 bald Eagle
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
Awesome! Let's see some pics!

80baldeagle

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
Well I don't know when ill be at a computer again cause I can't seem to upload pictures off my phone..unless I'm doin somethin wrong..?

80baldeagle

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 12:41:31 PM »
Oh yeah! I remeber somethin weird about the eagle! Okay I know its a eagle! But!! On the outside, there is only 2 eaglee badges, grill and trunk, one eagle head on passenger side, drivers is the amc logo, and the inside, the glove box door says concord??? And the door panals all have the little concold logo thing! What the heck???? Anyone elses like that??

Prafeston

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »
Interesting...hope you didn't get dooped into purchasing a Concord with Eagle badges. I don't know much about the '80 miles and especially not the sedans. It's very likely some concord badging would be in some unnoticed places...but I wouldn't think you'd see Concord badging on the door panels...

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 01:30:00 PM »
Sounds like your Eagle needed some interior parts replaced and the only available donor at the time was a Concord.  The AMC logo on the driver side B pillar is from a Concord as well.

In addition to the grille and trunk, there should be an Eagle emblem on each front fender.  In your case you probably just have holes where they used to be.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Prafeston

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 01:39:58 PM »
Sounds like your Eagle needed some interior parts replaced and the only available donor at the time was a Concord. 

Good thinking! That thought hadn't occurred to me.

80baldeagle

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
Well there are not any badges on the fenders and the intiour looks like its been there forever, and even the pin stripingon the b pillares is dfifferent. One goes down farther for the smaller amc logo and the eagle head is bigger then the amc logo. It is a eagle, transfer case was a obvious sign lol

80baldeagle

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 04:26:14 PM »

80baldeagle

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »

you can see the no emblem at all on the fenders, there just a couple pics of when we picked it up. ill be better ones tomorrow after mornin work.

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 04:34:28 PM »
Assembly line errors aren't out of the question.

A guy I know had a '72 Matador sedan.  There is supposed to be a "Matador" emblem on each C pillar.  One side was correct, the other side had "SST".

I saw a story on another forum from a former employee at an AMC dealership.  A customer took an Ambassador for a test drive and complained that it pulled hard to one side while braking.  Back to the dealership, up on the lift, front wheels off... drum on one side, disc on the other.

Or maybe your car is a prototype.  ;)
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

80baldeagle

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
Well maybe mine is a odd one or one of the first ones made? Lol I was just thinkin they slapped it together with what they had and went from there lol amc was always..odd with there options lol my dads matadors are odd options hahaha matty 401 is my dad and I think you and him have talked before lol maybe mine was a mess up or a prototype lol or maybe it did need interior peices or something lol just makes it even more different!

80baldeagle

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
I'm gunna get better pictures tomorrow after work, and get them posted! Ill get a picture all the odds and ends on it too! Interior, motor ect! What else??

80baldeagle

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 08:02:23 PM »
The eagle lives!!!!! Got the fule pump on it! Needs some new rubber hose, and a good tune up but it runs really good for sittin for 6 years! Goes into gear, moves and brakes work! I can't wait to drive it!

Prafeston

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
Awesome!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk