News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• April 18, 2024, 10:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new tube push bar nstalled  (Read 2721 times)

4hammond

new tube push bar nstalled
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:25:09 AM »
Finally installed my new bumper. Painted with truck bed liner in a can. Lights not wired up yet.

First picture post so not sure if it will work.

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: new tube push bar nstalled
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:44:54 AM »
Oh no covering your Hi-beams! Looks good though.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline DownwardFlame

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »
Who needs high beams when you have PIAAs?    ;D. Lol
-1970 Mustang Coupe
-1982 F-150 Stepside
-1980 Eagle Wagon
-1981 Sx4

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
I was gonna say something along those lines. Guess that should work, I was thinking it wouldn't work good in traffic, but I guess you'd want to turn them off anyway. Gotta turn your brights off when people come at ya.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

4hammond

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
Got the lights hooked up. Thinking about hooking up the relay to be switched with my high beams on the column. and leaving all four head lights on as a low beam.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »
Looks great. So you would replace the high beam bulbs with low beam bulbs and wire all 4 as the low beam? My only concern would be the attention you might get from law enforcement. Even though you wouldn't be blinding anybody, just seeing 4 headlights on they may assume you're driving around with your brights on.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline trout

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 01:57:23 PM »
that looks awesome.

might have to add something to my to-do list.
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon w/ 1988 258 and front axle, 727/NP-229 combo, Hurst shifter + twin sticks, and power bulge hood.

4hammond

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 03:05:56 PM »
Thanks.
my thought was to have all four the same. Low beam in all four and high beams would switch to all four hight with fogs. Probably will just do the conversion to the lenses and bulbs instead. I keep breaking the darn head lamp adjustment screws I think I am going to just weld a nut on instead of the darn plastic clips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk