News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 10:41:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ken (amcconcord) 09/05/2014  (Read 12917 times)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Ken (amcconcord) 09/05/2014
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:20:42 PM »
A message to me from Ken.  I want to share it with all:

Hello,

Long time since being on  site, but no down time so I am told, and everybody I hope is happy?

I had a long sleep, but back in the saddle again, can anybody please update me on status of anything for site?

Some info We own "amceaglenest.com" and "amceaglenest.co"

I have asked that the parking pages be removed and both domain names will by Monday point towards to
"amceaglesden.com"!

I am slow right now, and do not want to get too deep in water here.

If one of you could please inform staff, users, alike that this will happen this weekend.

No promises but I am working with Rayn Smith of old hosting company, to see if he has a back up copy of "amceaglenest.com" for months June July,Aug, Sept........
As long as that site was up, so we may intergrate its info into the history of the Den, thus putting lost data back into the Den.

I know lots has happened since my absents, and will need some help to catch up.

Can somebody please update me on links to Facebook pages or Twitter or other sites that are new within the past year so they can be added to the fourm page? As active links.

Once basics are updated
We will start updating the site to the promised upgrades including stores and new subjects and items.

To all existing admins and new if we have new ones, I almost lost my life this time round, things like Cpanel, and banking, paypal, and list of donators will be placed under a new heading for all admins, "Simply Twin Combustion Inc.
Is the major non profit listing across the USA now and each admin will not only have access to accounts but also credit and permissions for program team 2BY2.

If I had died, this site would have gone blank once funds had dried up.
We offer this site for history for fun and for a knowledge base, no human is or can live forever so these steps are to insure the Den/Nest lives beyond any of us one person.
Thanks Ken
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
Re: Ken (amcconcord) 09/05/2014
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:32:15 PM »
My heart sunk when I saw the title of this thread, and thought the worst.  Much to my surprise Ken, you are doing well!  I am happy to hear that.  I still want to meet you in person one day. I know it was supposed to happen a few years ago, but you were kind of dead (sort of). I am sure there are many folks around here that would love to hear your story about the miracle of your returning to us.  Please update us about Paula (Baby Eagle) as well.  Glad to have you back!!!
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:19 PM »
whew, me too. When I saw the headline I was afraid to even click on the link!

Good to know you are still around Ken, keep it up please!

Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Mernsy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 06:18:55 PM »
I think a lot of us have been wearing out the edge of our seats thinking and wondering and hoping and praying about/for you, Ken. Now all you have to do is out live all of us!!

You are a living legend!!  :occasion14:

amcconcord

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:46:59 AM »
Thanks for your prayers, really everybody!!!!1
I am no legend, just afraid to die!
I want to live not past all of you but how about as long as most?
Please try from google or Yahoo or Bing a "amceaglenest.c*"
One parking page removed, let some time for the ".com" to work as DSN Links and History is being cleaned up by the program team.
I wanted the family of the Den to own the Nest Domain names, cause using Google or other search engines bring up the Nest much more then the Den, good people even today become depressed cause though the "nest" may get many hits on searches when clicking its search links,
you got a empty page or "not Found" message.
Now when you or a new person or old do searches on any nest link they will be pleased to see the den fourm pages and all the best Eagle talk on the net!
I am told today that if my health holds I can go home to my Eagles in or on my Island in Little Rhode Island!!!!! My discharge date is October 1st, Freedom day!!!!!
2014!!!!

See you all soon.
Ken :blob1:

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 05:39:15 AM »
that's good to hear man. :blob1:
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 07:45:46 AM »
Thank you for all your hard work.  :occasion14: You seem to be a very passionate person and that's probably what's keeping you alive.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 12:26:27 PM »
I clicked and got This domain may be for sale. Buy this Domain instead of a re-route to here. Anything we can help on from this end?
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

amcconcord

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:07 PM »
We bought both old domains, amceaglenest.co and amceaglenest.com!
The amceaglenest.co is working leave the M off off he .com make it .co!
The amceaglenest.com has to be deleted from domain reg before I can replace that parking page!
Var-hosting from Canada Ryan smith deleted it from there service Reg, 2 days ago, after a $300 re-statement fee was paid to them.
Enom now has control over site name, and protected by a company now out of WA state.
We are Reg owners but, it takes a week to clear there billing from Briggs disaster of thousands of dollars owed!
I contested it in Fed Court, since Internest relastate is not most lawyers best know to be experts at, it took time to get a rulling to clear those
expenses!
Enom has lifted the cost of back charges, by court order, I do have passcode and account info for site, but the court gave Enom 10 days to recover cost by listing it for sale by re-estate third party vendor, who is being kept seceret by ENOM.
if by Monday at Sept 15, 2014, no buddy seeks site by auction, then the redirect software already installed, will display, other wise will have to deal with new web Reg to handle ownership issue.
Please try "www.amceaglenest.co" you will see that parking page gone, which works to redirect some seach links that were on yahoo and AOL and bing, Google hits most on the .com domain extenion, so we need to watch it very close, so parking page will stay till monday. 9[15[2014.
after that barring any other issue's it should work like the .co domain extention, So try the .co link its working just tried again but also maybe once a day somebody should keep tring the .com also until it clears, I hid both reg. names on both ".co" and ".com" to keep any more trouble from briggs!
Thanks Ken
[amcconcord] any problems or any experts on dead upside down domain reaestate, please PM me, on any don'ts or do's.

For info the $300 bucks got us also the last back up var-hosting of Canada did, which will be added to history page fourm off the main page, need to weed out the large amount of blocked id's briggs left on file, before we bring in the last back up!
We did it, the backup buy out cause the nest was still active from June 14, 2013 till October of 2013, with money left in paypal bank, I was using to pay monthly hosting fees, that money he stole ran out in November and shut the site down, big mess just trying to clean the history of domain of the records, that is why a redirect instead of changing software from Den bacK to Nest, it cost almost 10 grand to rewrite the backup on file I had in June 2013 and all the tags plus change look of the site, enough so he could not claim we stole the site art work!
Which he tried and failed to do so! So redirect seemed cheaper and we recovered the last months of site, as there were many good post from non-banned users!

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
I like dealing with Bob Parsons at GoDaddy. I've had my site (which I haven't really done anything with) on there since @2000
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

amcconcord

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
Url or site name of your "godaddy"?

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
Glad to see you are still doing ok ken, and thank you again for managing to save this forum from a eventual self destruction. IowaEagle, the title of this thread saddened me as well when I first saw it, as I also thought the worst had happened.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 02:11:34 AM »

amcconcord

Re: Ken (amcconcord) 09/05/2014 [New]
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 04:23:38 AM »
Hi,

I have recieved new news, today that this Saturday 9/24/2014, I will be returning to RI.  [Enough about Me]

Im some PM's list I have sent to other admins, directly from a file created and provided me by PayPal on Donations to this Fourm,
May or does not have enough data so Doug or Gil and update members to prem member status.

So I am asking in Future, that any donation given this forum by paypal please include in the note section [please it will help us] include your ID here on the Den, so proper credit to your member id can be given faster and with more ease. We all here really REALLY THANK ANY AND EVERYBODY for any donation to help keep the site alive, and I promise all those who were reported to both Gil an Doug, I will find the coorrect Den Id so they can update your membership here, please help with a note on paypay of simply adding your Den User Id so less effort is needed to give credit where credit is do, thanks so much on this issue!

FB Den has some or close to 400 members just under now there is alot of new on the site, so as a none user of the FBDen area I do think important that ease of gettting there from here and transfer of data from Forum to FB or FB to forum is important, so starting very shortly given resouces on the blue line at top of Forum where bottons like "Main" "Home" "Search" are we will be adding two to quick bottons
so the line shall look like this, Main FBDen EPedia Home Search ect . . . . . .
These new bottons will allow quick access to these now to be interactive site's as transfer of data will become very easy to move from forum to FB OR FB to Forum easy!  The appeal of Facebook is ad's replace dues and its more interactive, in effect a free service.
As reading some post there for history sake imporant stuff is posted that should be added to forum for future and use now, and vis-virsa.
As we have no control over FB software updates or changes, we want to insure that any good data in preserved in a safe place [here]
So not only will you be able to use the botton to gain quick access, files will post here as well if wanted by the FB user. So keep a eye open for that.

We are adding a simple App that can be used on droids oor Apple IPhones, which will be able to be down loaded on, we hope OCT 1, 2014.

We still have a parking page tec term for a dumb file load at "amceaglenest.com" we are confident it will be removed coming next month.

A full load and fix will be going on in the history forum, the top of page does not appear as should right now and will be fixed, history from years past will be added there so expect if looking from main page to history forum, that it may be somewhat unsteady in the next couple weeks.

The front main store from the main page will being updated with new packages that will not only make you a special member hear but help us update the site faster. Items were sent out to one Admin which include prints full size stickers flags and other items, please keep on the look out for the store open message soon.

In the highest class you will be getting not only Eagle head Keys but a key Chain that will display Eagle on Black at bottom and a special top line of either your user ID here  or you Fav. Eagle body style on top, Gil's read SX4 on top Eagle below it, we have decided to let you slect the first line from ID or Eagle Model, Paula did not send any other trial PLGes out like to Doug, as she needed to know did he want Iowa Eagle on his ring or did he want a Eagle model on top, she has not sent a PM yet to Doug to get that info but will do so shortly. Doug youu were not forgotten about I promise.

I will post when I get home to RI in the addmin section on Forum as Gil put it the things addmins have wanted the so called Keys to the den.
I was working with 2by2 today to get all amins email accounts on the den so post by 2by2 support team such by example " date and time a server may go down because a fan failed soany admin can the make aware the members and guest here of any disruption as little as there may be we are told aabout the support group and hardware supporters of this forum.

My point here is to try and tie the 4000 plus members closer together and feel more part of the Den Family, my last brush with death was to close for me, and do not want to see the Forum to disappear if I disappear, this Forum belongs to evey member here, even if you don't sign in and read things as a guest only, all things here are for our use and fun and info. Please keep in mind we are family here.

I hope to be able to train admins on how this all works and to have a good exchange with all users here.
Thanks for your prayers and love and good wishes to me and others.
Can;t wait to be home!
MAY i CAN ENTER MY eAGLE yET IN sEPTEMBER rom ?
thanks amcconcord

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:53 AM »
[Enough about Me]

Ken, you are too humble. Congrats on being able to go home.  :hello2:
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
[Enough about Me]

Ken, you are too humble. Congrats on being able to go home.  :hello2:
Actually, I am sure some of us want to hear more about you Ken.....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 01:15:43 PM »
10-4 on that!

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
Sounds like you are up and at 'em again Ken.  Whew!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

amcconcord

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 02:08:54 AM »
Well I am moving, good sign I guess!!!!!!

amcconcord

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »
Moving is good.  Some nice changes so far here on the forum.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »
The FBDen link should probably open up in a new window.

Glad to hear things are going well Ken. Keep it up!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 476
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »
... along with the Eaglepedia one.  I like to have both open when researching a question.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

amcconcord

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 11:36:34 AM »
Good Idea's Guy's!!!!!
They are [Can Do's]!!!

Ken

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk