News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 06:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: those are nice?  (Read 3662 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
those are nice?
« on: November 22, 2013, 05:27:13 PM »
I told my boss I was getting a new car while getting my check, and he asked what kind of car... I said an AMC eagle sx4 and he responded "oh, those are nice." in a kind of obvious I have no idea what that is but ill pretend kind of way.  Its not much of a story, but it's kind of annoying to me when people say they're into cars and know about them and they don't. So I try my best to inform them what the car in talking about is, and its achievements and all that jazz.  Talking to my friend about it to... His response?
Yeah, I think it would be cool to own a van.  (just a side note, I showed him a sick shaggin wagon nearby) ;)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 476
Re: those are nice?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:30:47 AM »
Even knowing what AMC was is hard for most people.  About all they remember if the do are Pacer's and Gremlins.  Older folks who see my Ambassador are surprised to learn it is an AMC model, they usually say they thought that all Ramblers were small boxy cars.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk