News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 12:25:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Legal Eagle  (Read 961 times)

Offline tgotr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Driving cars older than me since 2007
The Legal Eagle
« on: June 14, 2022, 12:31:20 PM »
I picked up my Eagle back in February. Person I got it from got it out of a barn where it had sat since the early 90s. He was going to Destruction Derby it but he came into financial issues so he sold the car to me. I had NEVER seen an Eagle Sedan, I thought they were all wagons. This is still the only Eagle Sedan I have seen. Now that I have seen the Kammback, I want it. Aha. Bought the car with the gas tank in the back seat.

I am not aiming for like showroom quality, just presentable. It's been a long road. The interior smelled like death. The wooden board that held the speakers in the back window was completely rotten from rat :censored:. Surprisingly, there is no wiring damage except in the trunk from rats. I do want to repaint it. The front end was completely borked. I tore it all out and replaced it. Paid a pretty penny for lower ball joints :censored:. When I say there was no steering, there was no steering.

https://imgur.com/a/NSMmrxN

Offline Mr_Roboto

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: The Legal Eagle
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 12:46:34 PM »
Yeah, I think I had mice under my dash.I hate mice.

Looks like a good start, if it wasn't for the rag top I would give some buffing on the paint a try. it may well be a pleasant surprise how the oxidation comes off. Looks like a nice, low rot car though.

Online amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: The Legal Eagle
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 11:41:29 PM »
hey, nice find. I have an 84 Eagle Sedan myself.  good luck,  gz
ps. total  1984 4dr Sedan production,  about 4200.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk