News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 09:56:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What to do? 2014 Meet planning.  (Read 21944 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
Re: What to do? 2014 Meet planning.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
There are several places in Missouri that we could have a regional. Lake of the Ozarks  or better yet we could try Branson Missouri or Hot Springs Arkansas.
j2sax when are the shows around Springfield? I'd Luke to maybe get a few Eagles to meet up then. I'd guess Memorial weekend?
that's someplace I could eventually see my self getting to.  I guarantee someday I'll make it to rambler ranch, but not anytime soon.

Offline Sheagle

• 84 Limited Eagle wagon: "Fancy"
  • Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 07:56:54 PM »

Heya, any meets ever happen on the West side of U.s? Cali based here, though I do fly to Montana too. Is my best bet Colorado?

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
The Eagle Motel is probably gonna be the best bet. Besides that meet every two years Capt. puts on a little get together twice a year over on the East Coast. There really are no regular regional meets. If you aren't on the SOAR Database go fill out the form and check out who lives near you. Your best bet is finding some region guys and trying to plan something.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Kinser94

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • '81 Eagle SX/4
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
Are there any meets in or close to Montana? I live in stevensville with my sx4 and and new addition station wagon and never really traveled outside if Montana but I've seen probably 4 other eagles just in a 30 mile radius and no one ever seems to be connected to any of these sites

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
Are there any meets in or close to Montana? I live in stevensville with my sx4 and and new addition station wagon and never really traveled outside if Montana but I've seen probably 4 other eagles just in a 30 mile radius and no one ever seems to be connected to any of these sites

Your best bet would be to try and get in contact with the local Eagle owners and start with a mini-meet at a Sonic drive in or something.  There are a few Eagle owners in Wyoming that might be relatively close also.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline PAcowboy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 08:47:30 PM »
     Does anyone know of any Meets out here near Pittsburgh, PA this summer? I'm kind of behind the 8-ball getting to any Regeonals due to lack of funds. I'd like to get out there to Philly but all the same chaos. I'd like to find some others in my area with Eagles and meet some good people and to share with, but don't know how to go about it.
     The last one I was going to was up at L. Arthur near Prospect at the PartsArama but it was on Father's Day that year and I always go to the North Huntingdon Elks Car Cruise. Just can't be in 2-3 places at once. Being the PartsArama is 2 hours away and me being lite on parts to sell, it's like a wasted trip to find you're the only one there. I know there's a lot of Eagles around, just don't know where?

Steve
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:49:52 PM by PAcowboy »

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2014, 09:00:13 PM »
     Does anyone know of any Meets out here near Pittsburgh, PA this summer? I'm kind of behind the 8-ball getting to any Regeonals due to lack of funds. I'd like to get out there to Philly but all the same chaos. I'd like to find some others in my area with Eagles and meet some good people and to share with, but don't know how to go about it.
     The last one I was going to was up at L. Arthur near Prospect at the PartsArama but it was on Father's Day that year and I always go to the North Huntingdon Elks Car Cruise. Just can't be in 2-3 places at once. Being the PartsArama is 2 hours away and me being lite on parts to sell, it's like a wasted trip to find you're the only one there. I know there's a lot of Eagles around, just don't know where?

Steve

Every year around June 21st, the summer solstice, I will hold a meet here in Perkiomenville, PA 18074. It is within an hour drive of Philadelphia and within 2.5 hours from New York city.

This year the 21st is a Saturday, so the weekend is already set for the 21st and 22nd of June, 2014.

In many future years to come the Perkiomen Summer Solstice Meet will always be within two weeks of the 21st.

The goal of these meets is to create as many videos and tutorials as possible over the years. Last year for instance we made a video describing how to easily figure out the gear ratio of a given axle. This next year I would like to have several transissions in various states of rebuild and walk through the process together with several of you. For some it would be cool hands on experience and for others it will be a chance to capture your former knowledge and experience, making it readily available to our community. The cheaper and easier it is to access knowledge the more people will have the patience and motivation to save more cars.

I hope to set a trend of actively trying to accomplish something together as a community every time several of us get together. As fun and enjoyable as it is to meet others with like passion, it is difficult to make it happen. Having an accomplishment and a goal adds much more depth and urgency to help make these events a consistant and rewarding reality.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline flyamerican

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 01:48:51 AM »
Hi All ~
I'm wondering if there will really be a Colorado meet this year.  I see plenty of older comments here but they range all over the country, and I don't see dates, registration forms, costs, etc. for Colorado.  I'm seriously thinking of coming if there is a meet - have always wanted to see Terry's collection and definitely want to see lots and lots of Eagles!  Can someone steer me to the details?  Thanks!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 10:36:51 AM »
Hi All ~
I'm wondering if there will really be a Colorado meet this year.  I see plenty of older comments here but they range all over the country, and I don't see dates, registration forms, costs, etc. for Colorado.  I'm seriously thinking of coming if there is a meet - have always wanted to see Terry's collection and definitely want to see lots and lots of Eagles!  Can someone steer me to the details?  Thanks!
Yes it can be confusing with all the posts. There is another thread about the meet. The only cost to you is your travel costs, hotel and food. There is no registration or sign up costs. Here is a quote from Terry with the dates and his email address. It would be good to contact him for the details and let him know that you are coming.
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=43018.0
I am very excited about the Eagle Motel trip this year, I am working on 3 more Eagle's than I took 2 years ago so if I have enough drivers I will take 22 cars. Roger ( Rambler Ranch mechanic ) is planning on bringing 8 cars.  I also have a new place to tour that I'm sure everyone will enjoy. So far we have people coming from 6 states! I hope we get a few more, you have plenty of time to get your cars ready for the trip to Colorado. I have reserved the motel for October 11th and 12th. We will leave Rambler Ranch on Saturday morning about 10AM. Lets make this the largest gathering of Eagle's ever! We had 35 cars 2 years ago, I would love to see close to 50 this year. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Terry
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk