News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 04:48:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Most enthusiastic compliment  (Read 5456 times)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Most enthusiastic compliment
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »
I've had a lot of people comment on my Eagle (usually "I haven't seen one of those in a long time") but today I received the most enthusiastic compliment ever.  As I was getting some gas the guy at the next pump said "Dude, that is the coolest f***ing car I have ever seen!"  We talked a little and he asked "Was it always lifted like that?  It looks like a Gremlin!!"  So I told him it was a descendant of the Gremlin, and he concluded the conversation by saying "F***ing awesome!" and took a picture. 

I loved it!!

PS I swear there was a thread called "What's the nicest thing anyone ever said about your Eagle?" somewhere on the Nest but for the life of me I couldn't find it.  If anybody knows of its whereabouts please let me know.  Thanks.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
Re: Most enthusiastic compliment
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:01:57 AM »

PS I swear there was a thread called "What's the nicest thing anyone ever said about your Eagle?" somewhere on the Nest but for the life of me I couldn't find it.  If anybody knows of its whereabouts please let me know.  Thanks.

I remember that thread, also. It seems like it was in progress before the last "great delete"...iirc I showed parts of it to my mom, who said the nicest thing she could say about Eagles was "do not under any circumstances get rid of that Eagle"
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 212
Re: Most enthusiastic compliment
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 08:34:32 AM »

I remember that thread, also. It seems like it was in progress before the last "great delete"...iirc I showed parts of it to my mom, who said the nicest thing she could say about Eagles was "do not under any circumstances get rid of that Eagle"

I thought sure I'd seen it after the "great delete" but still can't find it.   ???  ???  ???
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk