News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 06, 2024, 10:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: air cleaner assembly?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline 84eaglelmz

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 1
air cleaner assembly?
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:33:45 AM »
Where in the world can i get one of these? no one seems to have it. My heat flapper thing   :-* is broke on it. I called one place in texas, I'm from ny. and they wanted 200 for it. any one else know where to get one?  yeah for an 84 eagle with the two vacuum things on it.

Thank you so much.  and hubcaps, i need some of them too!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:45:36 AM by 84eaglelmz »

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
Re: air cleaner assembly?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
I have 20+ in the shop.  I have on listed in the For sale section too.  There have been enough 2150 swaps on this site to make these readily available for you.  If you jut need the "flapper part" I can send just that or like Casper, I can send the whole thing, but it's bulky.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 11:09:25 AM »
I'm thinking of getting rid of mine soon. I'm doing the switch to a straight downdraft Carter and a sandwich aircleaner. I just need to do something about all those vaccuum lines and T off the second PCV valve.
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »
I was going to tell you to ask Gronk, but it looks like Gronk beat me to it  :rotfl:
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk