News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 09, 2024, 04:44:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cheapest rebuild kit places  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Demigawd

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Cheapest rebuild kit places
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:55:51 PM »
the cheapest place I've found to get stuff for our motors is at titan engines in FL orders over 150 dollars are free shipping and a complete rebuild is about 500 dollars with performance parts - a crank i completely rebuilt my 4.0 head I'm swapping onto it for 150 u can give them a call at 8884778006 if Ur looking for any engine parts for our cars, they normally build jeep strokers any where from a 4.0-4.9 just thought id share ;)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Cheapest rebuild kit places
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:14:41 AM »
that a good link there!! That 4.9 stroker would be a beast in one of these things...I wonder if that block has the the holes for our axle to bolt to. For under four grand id go that route way before I would dream of tackling a v8 swap.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 45
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:46:14 AM »
i have looked at there stuff before also. considered it. you can get a complete 4.9 motor from them. (minus  head i think, not sure) but they show the #'s their motors put out. a 4.9 stroker would just be kick a$$ in my sx4. hehe. i might even be tempted to run it down the drag strip when its my tow vehicle. race my strip car, then the sx4. ;-)
yeah i can just imagine the looks you would get doing that.
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline Demigawd

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:14:36 AM »
The guy there is also very knowlageble for our amc's as well
that a good link there!! That 4.9 stroker would be a beast in one of these things...I wonder if that block has the the holes for our axle to bolt to. For under four grand id go that route way before I would dream of tackling a v8 swap.
the should have the bosses maybe not drilled and tapped holes but I'm sure if there not drilled and tapped u could asked them to drill and tap them before sending them to you :-) o and if your looking for something that's not listed on there web page call and ask they usally either have or can get it for you reather cheep
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:18:26 AM by Demigawd »

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:16:48 AM »
Where abouts in Florida ? ( ok lazy , should just go look ast thier site ! ) , my wife has a place in Daytona Beach , might be going down there soon to visit.

Aquila Real

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
It looks like Titan Engines is in Ocala, FL.
I must say the 4.9 Stroker looks pretty nice.  How can they rebuild a Chevy 350 for 1grand and our 4.0 rebuild is 4grand?  If one were interested in putting the 4.9 Stroker in a 1981 SX/4 L6, what else must be done?  It can't be as simple as snap it in and change the exhaust to match.... right?  What am I missing?  Will I spend another grand trying to make it work?

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
I think so , on the "another grand" , at least. I have been digging through stuff, would love to just "buy" one and drop it in, but you still need an oil pan I presume, along with fuel and exhaust partriculars. Spending that on one of them , I would want to go the whole route with new stuff.The lure of getting a nice clean, fully rebuilt and warrentied engine looks appealing. I am trying to find out shipping, if there core charge is $300 and shipping is more, ( I am in upstate NY ) , I wouldn't bother sending back a core.........the 5.7 is a bit cheaper and still plenty of punch. My 304 is less than 200hp. !!!

Offline Demigawd

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »
The 4.9 is a a worked up 4.0 I do beleave stroked and overbored so the wright up josh pit did should cover how to put it in you can use your old oil pan and pickup tube for the oil pump and there's a few minor clearance issues that will need to be grinded away as for it fitting under your hood other than that u would probably need the 4.0's headers andyour old intake would work if u grind out small divits for the intake to set on the pins on the head insted of sliding onto them

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
Another place to check out is Grumpy's. They offer free shipping and a complete rebuild kit for a 4.2L is $400 before tax.  It includes pistons, rings, complete bearing set, complete gasket set as well as valve stem seals and a rear main seal, timing set, oil pump, camshaft, camshaft bearings, lifters, and expansion plugs. You can upgrade to moly chrome piston rings for free and they offer these kits in .010 .020 .030 and .060 over sizes as well.  They can also put in the under or oversized bearings based on the information you give them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk