News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• March 28, 2024, 07:08:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 84 Wagon, Auto, NP231 Shifter  (Read 695 times)

Offline CaliEagle97

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
84 Wagon, Auto, NP231 Shifter
« on: July 11, 2022, 01:27:40 PM »
As the title suggests, I have an 84 Eagle Wagon, with the 998 auto and I am about to swap in an np231 T.C. I wanted to build a shifter console similar to what came in the limited trims and SX/4 models, with a cable running to the right side of the auto shift T-handle. I also have a YJ 231 vacuum shift switch that mounts on the transfer case to actuate my axle lock when I shift into 4wd. My only concern is getting a transfer case shifter installed that looks and functions well. I am not building a rock crawler, I just want reliable part-time 4wd for light trails on the way to camp sites

If anybody here has pictures of a similar swap, or of running cable shifters in the Eagle I would greatly appreciate it

:eaglebig:
Be groovy or leave, man

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk