News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 07, 2024, 04:06:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is needed  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
What is needed
« on: October 03, 2015, 09:39:03 PM »
After 2150 carb and ECM Test bypass and wich ever ignition set up I decide to run with what else is absolutely nessary to make the 258 run well. I am getting the frame rails replaced in my 1986 sedan. I will be stripping the front end down to a rolling chassis and only want to put back what I need!! I will take pics and document everything I can for the den.

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
Re: What is needed
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 10:54:35 PM »
Ok that was to oversimplified. Engine running then eagle functioning.

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:04:11 AM »
not quite sure what you want, here. If you go to the MC 2150, and a stand alone dist. such as the HEI, or better yet, a 78-80 Motorcraft, you do not need to do the ECM Test bypass. You will have taken your engine back to pre 83 levels, and can tune it in the old fashioned way.good luck, gz

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 01:36:57 AM »
You do need full 12 volts if you go HEI.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 09:03:07 AM »
That was a pretty vague question thinking back. I could leave out the horn relay and many other things but what sense does that make. I need to identify every thing before I try to decide what to leave out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk