News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 29, 2024, 08:02:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rear speaker package tray  (Read 2874 times)

Offline GreatcarSX4

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
rear speaker package tray
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:53:45 PM »
Anyone have an idea where to purchase rear package tray fiberboard to copy mine and make two for my Sundancers. You have to bend the back up about an inch, so  it will have to give some.
1981 Eagle SX4 4 cyl. automatic White
1982 Eagle SX4 6 cyl. automatic Beige
1983 Eagle SX4-6cyl.- automatic Red 

1981  Eagle Sundancer- White
1981  Eagle Sundancer- Brown

1981 Eagle Kammback  6 cyl. Blue

1987 F-250
2007 F-150

1978 Chevy Corvette

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: rear speaker package tray
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 01:45:48 AM »
hi, any local car upholstery shop can supply you with this stuff. However, it's not always the best option. It' basically 1/4" fiberboard, and not very strong. I just had a local upholstery shop do a new one for me, and I had him double it up for strength, and it's already warping after a year or so. It's the same stuff as door panels. In my last Eagle, I had a package tray made out of 1/2" plywood, and covered in marine grade carpet. That outlasted the car, no warp/fade, anything. Something to consider. good luck, gz

Offline Just4u2c

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 12:45:35 PM »
package tray in an SX/4?? like one that is nearly level with the top of the seats?? If so I would like to see a picture of one please..
79 AMX 401 5speed
81 SX/4 still a project/winter driver
83 Spirit GT.... Still up in the air with what to do with it

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 11:23:01 PM »
not the same, talking about a 4 dr sedan, good luck, gz

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 08:52:53 AM »
I made a new one for a javelin I used to have years ago, I used 1/4" Luon plywood, worked great
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk