News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 12, 2024, 08:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windshield wiper removal  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Kippnidaho

• Kippnidaho
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Windshield wiper removal
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:09:33 PM »
Not sure where this should be, but here I am again asking for some direction from the Eagle experts. How do I remove the wipers both front and back. I was thinking about upgrading the front ones with the new style of the GC.  And how do I get a spring for the rear wiper it seams to be missing. Thanks again for all the help.
Living in The Great Northwest
2011 SS Camaro Convertible
2008 Chrysler 300 C Hemi
2005 Dodge Ram Diesel 1 Ton Shortbed
1997 TJ Wrangler Sport
1983 Eagle SX/4 (The Beagle)
Can you say too much is never enough

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Windshield wiper removal
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:24:35 AM »
Use the spring from a front arm if it's the same length. I took my OEM arms off (eventually they will be in the for sale pile or scrap truck load before June) and put on XJ ones I got for $10 from Pick n Pull. Normally I have parts rigs around, but I neglected to save those on the last few parts rigs. Grand Cherokee arms are longer I think.
    I used a rag and screwdriver to pop mine off.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk